Sign in to follow this  

Rode a 2 Stroke today.

Now go ride a high performance 4-stroke and tell us if you change your mind again. XR 250's arent exactly fast.

RMX250.

holy cow, wow, wow.com.au

this thing was awesome i'm selling mine for a 2 stroke.

Good choice man. Two strokes are loads of fun. :banghead::banghead:

Now go ride a high performance 4-stroke and tell us if you change your mind again. XR 250's arent exactly fast.

I agree, ride a 250f and you'll stick with 4strokes

Go for it :banghead: Check out the KTM 300 :banghead: Don't let anyone tell you two strokes suck - they don't (this is coming from someone with a 525 RFS). It's all about personal preference.

My best mate has a WR250F it goes great, but i wanna get a two dinger.

I know my XR isn't fast, but it's not slow.

i love 2 strokes and thats pretty much all that i will ride but yak is right, your xr will not rev as fast as lets say a 250f, but then some people are a better fit for a 2 strokes and some are better with 4 strokes. you are comparing a 2 stroke 250 to a four stroke 250 and there is no comparison. you need to ride a 450 4 stroke to compare to a 2 stroke 250.

Cut the crap about how good 2-strokes are or the thread will be locked.

They are not as good as the 4-strokes. :banghead:

its all riding style too the 2 stroke i think you can cornor waaay better but its all personal style i personally own both but like riding the 2 better

My best mate has a WR250F it goes great, but i wanna get a two dinger.

I know my XR isn't fast, but it's not slow.

Glad to hear you're crossing over. You won't be disappointed.

i like my blaster better than my XR but thats not saying much. Two Stroke 250's are like 4 stroke 450s

We need to be including what kind of riding will be done also. Riding open territory will be much more fun on a 450 or a 2t 250. However, by contrast, very few people will be faster in tight, 1st and 2nd gear roots, rocks, and mud on a big 450 or even a zingy 2502t. I know sooooo many people who instantly got faster when they went to a 250 4 stroke. Especially one made for off road racing like the 250x or wr250. I was one of them. I gave up my trick yz250 2t and bought a wr. My first day riding it was like I became Jason Raines. (ok, maybe not. But felt like it. :banghead:

One other thing, the RMX was no rocket either. Smooth, easy to ride power, but no modern day 250 by any means. My .02

Cut the crap about how good 2-strokes are or the thread will be locked.

hard tellin not knowin, and BTW nobody is bashing of even saying which bike is better, they guy just said he rode one, and people are telling him to explore his options, looks like you are the one who needs to cut the crap, and stop trying to make this into what it is not

I love 2-smokes, funner to ride I think. Theyre just not funner to race, you cant win on a 2stroke anymore.

hard tellin not knowin, and BTW nobody is bashing of even saying which bike is better, they guy just said he rode one, and people are telling him to explore his options, looks like you are the one who needs to cut the crap, and stop trying to make this into what it is not

i dont believe he was saying cut the crap to anyone, but everyone. there was a thread and one person said that a 2 stroke was better than a 4 stroke and it was locked. GOSH!

:banghead::busted:🤣:crazy::busted:🤣:banghead:🤣:crazy:🤣:crazy::busted:

Uh, this was a joke. Obviously you don't read many of these 2-stroke threads. I'm also on a 300 EXC. :busted:

I happen to have a YZ250 that is a blast to ride. It requires a very attentive rider though. So it is actually harder to ride than my DRZ. The DRZ is better on trails and the YZ is better on the track. I like them both but for totally differnt reasons.

i do read all the 2 stroke stuff i can, and i did see the 300exc in your signature, and from my understanding it is fine to write and compare the two, it is when it turns into bashing or becomes a pissing match is when it gets locked, and by you just saying straight out, that "They are not as good as the 4-strokes", will just start an argument. sorry if i read wrong or missed the joke. I'm not even trying to start an argument with you. but there are some 2 stroke threads that get stay. and this could very easily be one of them.

Bryan Bosch

TT Owner

Re: where's dwight?

From my reply in this thread:

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=300482

We are ThumperTalk, and our focus is thumpers. However, we've never turned away a pinger member or their questions. Do a search... There are plenty of two stroke oriented discussions. And, we plan to roll out a mirrored site for two strokes in near future. So, that's should clear up anything regarding how the admins feel about 2 strokes. I'd have a few pingers in my garage alongside my thumper if the budget allowed.

What is not welcome is people posting flame bait bashing 4-strokes on a dominant 4-stroke board, as it typically leads to nothing but pissing matches and hurt feelings. That's like bashing chevy as a ford owner on a chevy site. What does anyone that starts a post like that expect?

Bottom-line, if the intent of the post is to start a 2s vs. 4s or vis versa pissing match, it will be deleted. If you want to discuss the differences in the bikes, their pros/cons and how they perform, go for it. This is and has always been the case.