Sign in to follow this  

SX Season - Who's riding what? (two smoke or four banger)

I'm seeing threads here on TT about Bubba being on a 450 for the SX season, and it makes me wonder: Who's riding what this year?

I've only seen stuff here on TT, - speculation, rumor and such, but nothing to back it up in print from any of the mags or online rags. (then again, I've not looked that much)

So is Bubba really gonna be on the 450? Or has the bike been so hyped for him (to race outdoors) that the rumors mill now puts him on it for indoors?

Ricky - he gonna play smoker like he's done forever indoors or is he moving to the 450?

Reed still planning on two smokingl also? Or has someone seen that he's gonna be on a 450?

Windham's the only one that I'd be SURE is on a 450.

It would seem that the Two Smoke is the weapon of choice for SX - at least in the "250" class, not the light class. (I don't know what to call each class anymore - the AMA has screwed up the names so badly it's rediculous - Morons...) :banghead:

does anyone know who's riding east and who's riding west?

Ben Townley will ride the KX 250F in the east. I'm pretty sure he's on the pro circuit kawi factory team.

does anyone know who's riding east and who's riding west?

Jake Weimer will be riding the East on a CRF250 for Amsoil :banghead:

how about some of the other top contenders? alessi , hepler, josh grant, villapoto, andrew short. i've searched amamx website and others but can't seem to find out.

Windham: CRF450F (both disciplines)

Carmichael: RM250 (SX), RMZ450 (MX)

Reed: YZ250 (SX), YZ450F (MX)

Stewart: SR250 (SX), SR450F (MX)

Vuillemin: CRF450R (SX)

I think he means KX250sr KXF450sr

Oh and i read somewhere an interview with RC and he said he hasn't had enough time to adjust back to the two stroke, so he's just going to use the 450 for indoors.

SR means special race... The kawi bikes dont come from a crate there hand made. The other brands take a crate bike then just build it up

hmm i cant edit my messege. But Reed said on Racerxilll.com that hes testing the 450 for indoors. They were saying on the t.v. last season that rickys planning on 450 for this year. What did he ride at the US Open?

yea i watched something about reed saying that the 450 has inproved so much that he might rce that the supercross so there is only one way to find out. bring on supercross baby!!!!!!!!

Windham: CRF450F (both disciplines)

Carmichael: RM250 (SX), RMZ450 (MX)

Reed: YZ250 (SX), YZ450F (MX)

Stewart: SR250 (SX), SR450F (MX)

Vuillemin: CRF450R (SX)

This is from 10/21/05 Transworld Motocross.com :

(Under James Stewart Update)

JS: "Moving on to some fun stuff, the new KX 450 is awesome! We bolted my suspension and bars onto a stock 450F and I have been having fun at my track in Florida pounding out lap after lap. I know you expect me to say this because I have been with Kawasaki my whole career, but this bike really is amazing, right out of the box. I am going to California next week and we are going to test and really dial in the bike for supercross.

:banghead: Obviously he will race the bike he feels will give him the best chance to win, be it 2 or 4 stroke. Still plenty of time to decide.