Sign in to follow this  

VCMC dual sport 10-23-05

This weekend is the VCMC dual sport starting at the flying J in Lebec. Sign up at 6:30am ride at 7:15am. $ 45.00 post, Lunch stop Maricopa, longest to gas 80 miles. Forest riding.

Don't miss this ride. It should be great. Perfect weather, low dust from the rains and some views to die for.

Great ride today. Too bad if you missed it. Great weather, great group and good trails. Had much more fun than last year's ride, even with a blown radiator hose and a flat front. On a second note: if anyone found a moose fender bag with 3 tire irons and a tube in it, that is mine, Thanks, Jon.

No photos for us poor saps that couldn't make it??? :banghead:

Do you guys have any info about the Ortega Trail out of Wheeler Gorge??? Also, can I join the VCMC? PM me if you read this.

No photos for us poor saps that couldn't make it??? :banghead:

Do you guys have any info about the Ortega Trail out of Wheeler Gorge??? Also, can I join the VCMC? PM me if you read this.

I didn't do this ride but can give some info on Ortega. We use to do this trail once a year, its a hard trail full of rocks, sharp switchbacks, and usually overgrown, the last time I did it we barely made it and this was before last winter, now the trail is completely washed out and impassable, the forest service is talking of closing it unless they get enough volunteers to give it a good work over.

No photos for us poor saps that couldn't make it??? :naughty.

I did not bring my cannon eos on this ride. Was fearful of going down and breaking it on the rocks. My buddy took his film camera and he needs to get them transfered to disk. I'll post them when he gets off his :banghead: and gets it done.