Sign in to follow this  

Tracks to ride in SoCal

I need some help from all you California guys. My buddy and I are taking a trip out there for a ride weekend. We wanted to hit of few tracks in the area. Need to know what tracks we should try that will be fun for beginner/int. riders. We will be staying in Long Beach area so something not too far away. Thanks!

Cahuilla Creek is awesome. Some of the best dirt in Southern California and its pretty much an oldschool motocross track. Definatley worth a look. They are only open Tues., Thurs., and Sat. though (Sunday with a membership). Might want to give them a call because earlier in the week they closed down due to heavy rain.

Cahuila Creek (MUST GO HERE) and Star West. Elsinore as an alternate. Star west is a tighter track but it has great dirt and is tons of fun.

I went to Perris today, big mistake. That track is just over my head... The dirt is awesome but I am just not up to hitting the jumps and carrying speed through the jumpy sections.

Unfortunately a couple hours. I-5/Gorman and Piru would be an easier drive from LB. Ive never been t Piru, I-5 is fun, but I think Cahuilla would be worth the extra drive time.

Cahuilla Web Site

ProRide.com has the local tracks and info:

ProRide.com

Thanks for all the info guys! Maybe you can help me with one more thing. I keep seeing on some of the track websites that an IMSA card is required. What is this and how much does it cost? :banghead: Some of the tracks that require the card look really fun and I would like to ride them. Any help is appreciated.

Its an insurance card, like $20 for the year. Some have their own card, not IMSA. Some have day passes, so it costs you $20 for track fee and $5 for insurance. Some dont have day passes and force you to pay full price, Perris is $35. Perris is a great track but first timers have to pay $55 for a day.

Youd have to call to make sure. I have heard Elsinore may have canceled the $5 day pass plan.