Sign in to follow this  

Help! Wanted 01 YZ250F Motor

i have a blowen engine in my bike and would like to get it fix but can not find a motor that is a resonable price please contact me if you know of or have a motor (rippen63@aol.com)

Haha ya thanks anyway but i need to get rid of mine to its just sitting around it is a 2003 but i need a 2001 motor

There were a couple of 2001 motors on ebay Rick

lol longggg story but here i go i will try to make it short ok i got this 2003 yz250f new and the crank seized after awhile and then we fixed it and it was good for 2 months then the water pump gear blew and messed up a lot of the motor so we took everything that was good and junked the rest. then my buddy had a 2001 that he was not using with a cracked frame so i took his bike and took it apart and put it in and it fits and i make all the changes with the electrical system cuz they are a little different and then once it was all on i see that the swing arm bolt doesnt work and the only way to get it all to fit is to put a 01 swing arm on and we did that and i bought the motor and traded the swing arms so then down the road the a valve cracks on the 01 motor and messed the motor up putting holes threw the pistion and mashing the cylinder head now i cant get that swing arm back and thats why i need a 01 motor but come to think of it i have the 03 cylinder head does anyone know if it will fit and work on the 01 motor??please someone help me sell this hell of a bike :banghead:

I am selling my '01 yz250f right now. I maybe willing to part it out but how much would you offer for the motor?

:banghead: Owwhhh Nice, well what condition is this bike in ? about how many hours you think you put on the motor and have you changed the piston??if it was in good shape i would give $700-800 i dont know maybe more send me something to look at

Hey RandyWRF i was looking at that, So whats the highest price you think that motors worth???

Hey RandyWRF i was looking at that, So whats the highest price you think that motors worth???

To me?? About what it's at right now. $800.

Stock piston, whole engine was checked by a dealer and everything was fine. Valves were all in spec except one the right intake was towards the tight end of the scale and they shimmed it out. since then I would say there has been 20 hours put on her. I dont know if I could let it go for 700-800. If that guy got 920 for his plus 65 for shipping I am sure I could do much better then 700. Let me know, I have pictures of the bike but not the engine specifically. I am still not sure that I want to part it out but I would know by the end of the week for sure. Probably in a couple days.