Sign in to follow this  

Clicking 04 450r

my 04 450r is making a clicking noise. sounds like it is coming from lower front right side of engine. i can hear it at idle, once throttle is turned can not hear it because of engine noise. i've had valve problems in past this was not a former symptom. runs fine, starts fine. nothing loose. any help would be nice, including how to fix it. thanks :banghead:

My 04 is doing same. Drives me nuts. Have new stainless valves, adjusted perfectly. Noise goes away just above idle, and bike runs great. Suspect this might be normal/common.

I know this may sound stupid and might be out of line but I had kinda the same noise and my skid plate was slightly loose vibrating on my frame.

This ironic 'cause I started hearing the same noise today. I must admit it was apparent at a lower rpm than I usually though. You're correct about the right side and that makes me wonder about the counterbalance bearing.

This ironic 'cause I started hearing the same noise today. I must admit it was apparent at a lower rpm than I usually though. You're correct about the right side and that makes me wonder about the counterbalance bearing.

I have noticed the same ticking on my bike. I put the stainless valves on my bike and noticed the same think. 👍