Sign in to follow this  

looking at east coast wheels package

I'm looking at purchasing some 17" wheels from Eastcoast. I'll thinking of their Warrior Level 2 kit, as it comes with everything needed (wheels laced to hubs, tires and tubes mounted, front rotor and relocate bracket, front fender, rear sprocket, chain and rear disc).

http://store.eastcoastwheels.com/wacokit.html

I figure by the time I put everything together seperately, I think I would be over the package price of $1750.00.

My riding will be street, no competition, although I may think about doing a track day. I'm not a super aggressive rider, maybe the SM setup will change that, but would like reasonable handling anyway.

I'm looking for recommendations on street tires, or something that will handle occasional dirt/gravel roads well. A balance of decent wear longevity and handling.

I'm also wondering about what gearing to order/run. I have both 14 and 15 front sprockets and 44 and 47 rear . Currently run 14/47.

What is the stock SM gearing? I want to be able to cruise at highway speed, but not sacrifice too much low end. Yes, I want it all. hehe

One last thing, how close is the YZ blue if I get the Acerbis fender?

Any recommendations appreciated.

A little pricey compared to some other TT'ers are paying to SM their E and S... but you get the WHOLE package thats cool

A little pricey? Figure that most of the prices don't include tires, tubes, rotors, chain, sprocket or fender, all of which I would likely need or want.