Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Seats?

Any reccomendations on an aftermarket seat that you can actually sit for more than 30 mins on the street w/out killing your ass? :banghead: The stock 2x4 just isn't comfortable enough for any longer than a 15 minute ride.... Thanks.

You just havent built up enough resistance to monkey butt.... :banghead:

Go ride a KTM for a while that should do the trick.

No kidding I rode my buddies 400exc it made the drz seat seem like a lazyboy. Mind you I put softfoam in mine from Baja Designs :banghead:

The Suzuki gel seat sits just as low, or a smidge lower, even, than my Corbin seat, but has good grippy surface so you don't slide around on it, and is better than the Corbin if you go off-road, and is way better than the stock seat on your butt -- certainly more than 30 minutes!

Since I just sold my 05 SM, and this is a seat thread, I'll offer my brand new, unused Suzuki gel seat (solid black, bought just 2 months ago) here to fellow TT'ers for only $100 including shipping. If you see these seats for sale in other places, you will find out that they do NOT come with the rubber bumper pads already on them -- Suzuki ships them without any of the 8 pads, and you are expected to buy them separately, or swap the pads from your stock seat, onto the gel seat before mounting. And, I found that some of these sellers LIE and say it comes "ready to bolt on" -- then it comes without pads, which costs another $15 with shipping.

Anway, this one HAS all the bumpers and brackets on it (because I bought them and put them on), and really IS ready to "bolt on" in 2 minutes.

PM oe email if interested. If no TT'er buys, I'll put it on ebay later.

EDIT: Sold to a fellow TT'er.

What's up with all these seat complaints? Is my butt made from a different cut of oak than all the other butts in the world? I ride my DRZ for 3-5 hours at a pop from time to time. My hands and arms getting all buzzed out from the vibrations, but my butt is as happy as can be! :banghead:

What's up with all these seat complaints? Is my butt made from a different cut of oak than all the other butts in the world? I ride my DRZ for 3-5 hours at a pop from time to time. My hands and arms getting all buzzed out from the vibrations, but my butt is as happy as can be! :banghead:

I bet you're a candidate for an IBA ride! Wow!

If you're a cyclist then you won't have the problem...The more fit you

are the less fatigue (everywhere)...

You might want to try Renazco seats...they are custom and not much more expensive than a OEM or gel seat and certainly less than Corbin. I have a new one in two tone suede that is absolutely fantastic...pics to come soon. www.renazco.com

If you're a cyclist then you won't have the problem...The more fit you

are the less fatigue (everywhere)...

Dave,

Is that your bike in your avatar? You should set up your Garage. Your bike looks very cool and I'd love to see some larger photos of it.

So what about these seats and then going with the bigger tanks? If you change tanks do you change seats as well?

I thought the seat in my new SM was hard but hadnt seen anything online about new seats being any harder than the old ones..

Anyhow, since i'd replaced the stock seat on my '01 S with a Moose seat (which I love too), I tried the stock S seat on the SM, and surprise! it IS softer. The new seat looks better with its two-tone coloring, but the foam is definitely harder and seems to have sharper "edges" than the old one.

Road testing showed the new seat giving me monkey butt after only 25 or 30 miles of pavement, whereas the old seat gives me closer to 80 or so.

Im going to keep the old one on there until I can get me one of those sweet looking suede ones from Renazco!

-dave