drz125 143cc big bore and hotcam worth $$$$

i'm interested in getting more power out of my drz125L. I can not get race gas so some mods are out of the question. I want to put the 143 big bore kit and the hotcam also. Is it worth the money? . Also would the stock carb work with these mods. Any feedback would be great. Thnks olly

Certainly worth the $$. Powroll's 143cc low comp piston does not need race gas. Use the mid cam a good pipe and rejet the carb and it makes a HUGE diff.

I know because I have two DRZ125s, one with the low compression kit and one with the high compression kit. High comp is better but needs race gas. However, the bike with the low compression kit still runs real good and way better than stock. Stock these bikes are so slow its funny. Add the above and they really wake up and are tons of fun.

PS: I spoke with Powroll one day and they strongly recommended against the low compression kit, saying its not enough of an improvement. Bad advice, its a huge improvement.

• 1 year later...

I am looking at getting my son a big bore kit for his '03 DRZ 125. I also noticed Powroll advertises their kit as not being a huge increase. If it didn't add much increase, then why would they sell it? Look at Powroll's website and you will see that kit is the cheapest mod they sell. Obviously they downplay it to sell the more expensive mods, that's why they are in business. I am sure that compared to their top of the line kit, the 150 kit is lacking, but the top of the line kit is also race worthy.

The 150 Kit with a good cam and exhaust, rejetted and such, would most likely have a huge improvement over a stock motor.

You can go with powroll if you want, but it's way cheaper and just as good imo to pick up a cam and piston kit and then have a local machine shop bore the cylinder. Check atvunlimited on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-DRZ125-HOT-CAM-STAGE-1-HOT-CAMS-DRZ-125-03-05_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35595QQihZ019QQitemZ290008892356QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-DRZ125-WISECO-PISTON-KIT-2MM-OVER-DRZ-02-05_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35595QQihZ002QQitemZ4568310343QQrdZ1

Crower makes a cam too. I think it's $109 or so.

Good luck!

Hey S-Loyal,

How ya doin? Are those stock forks? Where did you get the boots? Those are great!

Hello Hawancase !

No it’s not stock .. I ordered it from Dinneskirk.com I believe it’s the best source

To buy online for dirt bikes and other motorcycles parts . it’s in Minnesota.

It’s good for protection the fork & the upper plastic parts of it during summer here.

These days are the season here for riding bikes , I hope you’re enjoying your riding these days Hawancase.

Thanks dr drz , it's so kind to hear from you and from the rest of friends here.

it's the the very long summer here that slow me up not to ride each weekend,

it was too hot that even night riding is hard for breathing that hard steam!

it's now the winter , and it's here the ultimate riding time

i know it's going to be on the opposite way hard time for you and the rest of the rider in states , but i hope you'll all enjoy each riding on all seasons.

good luck and thanks dr drz