Sign in to follow this  

Dynoed my S today..... about to put my 450 stroker in.

Today I took my bike to Folsom Cycle and had them run it on the dyno.

I am going to get the run files emailed to me and I will show some graphs after plotting it in excel.

Here is my setup:

- Yosh TRS Ti system.

- E base gasket

- CR8EK plug

- OEM E model FCR39

- JD Blue needle clip 4

- 162 Main

- 38 Pilot

- Flow Commander FC2000 intake stack + my airboot mod

- Stock S cams

- E model CDI

- 91 Octane CA pump fuel

- Fairly dirty air filter.🤣:banghead:

And what kind of peak numbers did it pull???

- Dynojet 250 Dyno

44.21 HP

29.69 Ft-Lbs torque

Whats more impressive is it pulls 40+ HP from about 7K all the way to the limiter. Numbers look pretty good for stock S model cams and 400cc. And I'm tellin you the flow commander tacks on some power. :banghead:

After I drop the 450 in I will go give it another whirl.

Nate, those are great numbers........how much did the Flow Commander run you again???? (too lazy to search, the wife just brought me a Margarita!) :banghead::banghead:🤣

Ya the dyno had a sniffer on it. I didn't grab the printout though. The mechanic runnin the dyno said 13.1

I am just waiting for the data files to be emailed to me then I will have everything.

My Flow Commander post :

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259171

Page 3 of that post has my before and after data showing it made an improvement.

Nate, those are great numbers........how much did the Flow Commander run you again???? (too lazy to search, the wife just brought me a Margarita!) :banghead::banghead:🤣
Forgot to answer your question... $150

Here is a graph I scanned in. Some of the torque graphs got spikes in them from bogus runs wheel hop or something. The blue one is a good torque number.

The 3 runs you see here 1 is 3rd or 4th gear the others are 5th gear. Its plotted vs. speed. :busted: But it revs out at 10K (E CDI) so you can see RPM is about 100 x the speed. When I get the data sent to me I will plot it as something that makes more sense in excel.

HP_TQ.jpg

Wow that's some good numbers. Are you going to hotcams as well ? I only have a stg 1 intake cam in my S and I could feel a slight kick afterwards, should work great in your bike !

My 450 Motor I am working on slapping it together right now :

- Hotcams in and out Stg 2

- KW Valves

- KW valve springs with Ti retainers

- Hinson clutch basket

- Full moose clutch components

- New bearings, gaskets and seals all around

- New rod

- New rings

- Replated / diamond honed cylinder

Its a Yoshimura Stroker motor out of a Team Suzuki bike. So it has +5mm stroke and a 92mm JE 2 ring piston.

So yes the hotcams are going to work great in the bike.🤣

Edit :

Oh Ya I forgot to mention I have :

- A Lightened Rotor

- An original working Yosh 11K CDI

Since the motor is a kicker motor the left hand crank half is shorter therefore lighter. Add the lightened flywheel to that and rev out to 11k..... Its gonna be a beast and rev up fast. I cant wait. :banghead::banghead:

My 450 Motor I am working on slapping it together right now :

- Hotcams in and out Stg 2

- KW Valves

- KW valve springs with Ti retainers

- Hinson clutch basket

- Full moose clutch components

- New bearings, gaskets and seals all around

- New rod

- New rings

- Replated / diamond honed cylinder

Its a Yoshimura Stroker motor out of a Team Suzuki bike. So it has +5mm stroke and a 92mm JE 2 ring piston.

So yes the hotcams are going to work great in the bike.🤣

Edit :

Oh Ya I forgot to mention I have :

- A Lightened Rotor

- An original working Yosh 11K CDI

Since the motor is a kicker motor the left hand crank half is shorter therefore lighter. Add the lightened flywheel to that and rev out to 11k..... Its gonna be a beast and rev up fast. I cant wait. :banghead::banghead:

since it's for a kicker. are you rewinding the stator to get better lighting outta it?

Impressive mods. I'm jealous. but it's not like I need more power, except on the street. but I dont think even burned's bike would have enough fo me on the street. I'm too used to flogging 100+ HP bikes through the twisties.

The OEM kicker stator puts out 150W peak vs. 200W for the E/S Which is more than enough to handle my street legal stuff anyways. So its all golden.

Its primarily supermoto duty so more HP is always a good thing and can be put to use.

Save your jealousy for the after dyno..... Your gonna need a high supply of it. :banghead: :banghead:

since it's for a kicker. are you rewinding the stator to get better lighting outta it?

Impressive mods. I'm jealous. but it's not like I need more power, except on the street. but I dont think even burned's bike would have enough fo me on the street. I'm too used to flogging 100+ HP bikes through the twisties.

i wouldnt be so sure until you rode one.my bike will flat kill most sport bikes till 100mph.

i wouldnt be so sure until you rode one.my bike will flat kill most sport bikes till 100mph.
I can believe it. With my mods right now I can pull 0-60 times in the 4.3s with stock S wheels and stock S gearing.

Add 11HP and a ton of torque and it should be down at 3 seconds like the fast street bikes....

I'll be doin some 0-60 with the 450 soon. :banghead:

Still workin on putting the 450 together. I should have it mostly done this week / weekend but I have to order a couple parts to finish it. I will keep you guys posted. :banghead:

For those in the know:

Take Nate's setup and throw-in a Hotcam's Intake: how would that effect the given numbers?

yeaeh, after I typed that I realized I didnt take into accout power to weight ratio. the extra 150 ish lbs on a sport bike really eats up those extra ponies. not to mention the inline 4s dont start making power till about 2/3 of the way into the rev range.

classic case of open mouth insert foot. :banghead:

Those numbers with S cams? :banghead: It's also nice to see that you could dial in the FlowCommander correctly, just by the seat of you pants.