Sign in to follow this  

any1 here from new zealand??

hey any1 here from new zealand, if so were do you ride and from what part are you from? im from auckland

thanks

No I'm not from there. I've passed through Auckland on my way to Melbourne Australia once. NZ looks awesome. I'd love to ride there. My dream is to take a tour there on dirtbikes.

Yo Renthal1,

My wife and I are headed to NZ this coming March. We'll be riding in/around Christchurch for a week and hanging out for a week. We may have to get together for a shout!

Merf

Merfman,

oh man that will be wicked! I have heard that south island is MINT for trail riding etc.. are you shipping your bikes over or hiring?... you should stop in auckland for a few days and i will show you some primo places to ride... :banghead: Auckland has a 4 top MX tracks( within 45mins of the city) and a few nice big forests for trail riding ( sandy but great fun) :banghead:.. no matter were you go you will not be disapointed.

was in states recently (nevada) went riding there with a mate...was good fun...U.S looks wicked for riding 🤣

Renthal1,

We're renting bikes there... cost too much to ship mine and besides, I don't wanna worry about maintenance. :banghead:

We're still finalizing our flight plans but it's looking like we'll fly directly into Christchurch. I'll let ya know whenever we get booked solid.

If you ever get back and get to CO, my offer still stands! :banghead:

Merf

hey merfman, im in christchurch. the riding here is alright, but not much selection for riding(i only know of 3 places to ride) but if you drive a wee way out there are a few places to ride. there a quite a few organise cheap trail rides aswell. (going on 1 in weekend!!!).

Thanks Ryder4,

We're coming down to ride with Grenville Button of Adventure Trailrides Ltd. The iten is something like this:

Day 1: Christchurch to Waipara (drive) and ride locally after safety briefing. Load up and head to the Hundalees for day 2.

Day 2: Ride to the highest point to view the Kaikoura Coast then to Hamner Springs and a hot tub.

Day 3: Ride to Lake rotoiti, pass Lake Rotoroa and finish the day at Maruia Springs. More hot tubs.

Day 4: Ride the hills overlooking Culverden then a merino roast at the Springfield Pub.

Day 5: Ride a sheep station with views over the Canterbury Plains fro Mt Torlesse and enduro trails back to Christchurch.

I hope this is as nice as it seems from here. I'm really looking forward to the ride and a chance to see your country!

Auckland based as well. XT600. down at the mo, usually daily transport to work, electrics problems, will use forum to try to get answers

Hey everyone. Im from Palmerston North. We have some good tracks round here.

It doesnt matter where you are in New Zealand, every 10 mins and the scenery changes and its amazing

We dont know how lucky we are

nz is the best place in the world in my opinion. good scenery, no war, not a poor country.... the list goes on. and there r good places 2 ride. im with u all the way m8 we dnt kno hw lucky we r

Hi, I'm up in Whangarei and there is plenty of places to ride here. is a good trail ride on this weekend, part of the Honda trail rides series.

Thanks Ryder4,

We're coming down to ride with Grenville Button of Adventure Trailrides Ltd. The iten is something like this:

Day 1: Christchurch to Waipara (drive) and ride locally after safety briefing. Load up and head to the Hundalees for day 2.

Day 2: Ride to the highest point to view the Kaikoura Coast then to Hamner Springs and a hot tub.

Day 3: Ride to Lake rotoiti, pass Lake Rotoroa and finish the day at Maruia Springs. More hot tubs.

Day 4: Ride the hills overlooking Culverden then a merino roast at the Springfield Pub.

Day 5: Ride a sheep station with views over the Canterbury Plains fro Mt Torlesse and enduro trails back to Christchurch.

I hope this is as nice as it seems from here. I'm really looking forward to the ride and a chance to see your country!

Merf, Your gonna really like your ride with Grenville Button :applause: I've only heard good things about this ride & Grenville's no slouch on a bike either.... HHmmmmm Could he be related to Jimmy Button???

I'm in Dunedin,South of ChCH, We have heaps of forest to ride, One is only 10mins drive from my house. Tracks everywhere, Enjoy your stay in NZ.

NZ will host the 2006 ISDE six days enduro.

We will be trying out to join the Mexican team. :applause:

@LFREDO

From Napier here in NZ

Into quads myself which will no doubt annoy you two wheelers !

Good trails around here and pretty good track called "Dick Gercal"

:applause:

Hey everyone. Im from Palmerston North. We have some good tracks round here.

It doesnt matter where you are in New Zealand, every 10 mins and the scenery changes and its amazing

We dont know how lucky we are

Hey Rotaholic, My brother lives in Palmerston North, planning to visit him later in 2006 or early 2007, anywhere close that I can rent a bike to do some trails?

Im thinking of maybe trying to move to NZ. Hows the biking around Wellington? It seems like a place I could live at 👍 What about supermoto'ing in NZ?

Im thinking of maybe trying to move to NZ. Hows the biking around Wellington? It seems like a place I could live at :bonk: What about supermoto'ing in NZ?

I live in Auckland and there seems to be a bit of supermotard in between Auckland and Wellington. 👍

Hi, I live in the 443(Wanaka) and the riding around here is insane. Tracks and trails, but the trail riding is out there. If you do come these ways bring a camera. As everywhere in NZ a box of brew and some kind words should get you on to private land and blazing..