Sign in to follow this  

Where should I send my CRF250R motor to be rebuilt?

I'm out for three months because of surgery on my thumb, so I decided that I wanted to get my motor rebuilt. Where is the best place that I can send my motor to get more power out of it and keep some reliability?

BTW, sorry if this is hard to understand, my surgery was yesterday and I'm on a lot of vicodin.

Silly question, who else but Pro Circuit. We have had the best motor on our CRF250. Really reliable and fast.

San Felipe 250 winner.

Baja 500 winner.

12 hours of Glen Helen winner.

RHC and Forward Motion would be the only two that would ever touch my engine for serious hop up work that I can't do myself....

TMR :banghead:

TMR is no more. White Brothers bought his business out so he could work in-house at the White Brothers facility (Where the Motosport Outlet team used to be before getting their own garage).

So, no more TMR stuff. Toms work will be available through White Brothers exclusively now, from what I understand. Click Here

I think I'll go with Eric Gorr.

I'm also thinking about getting a Vortex ignition, Dr. D pipe, and a Boysen water pump. Are they all worth it?

I'm also thinking about getting a Vortex ignition, Dr. D pipe, and a Boysen water pump. Are they all worth it?

Although I haven't myself tried it, I'd look into a Tokyo Mods ignition. The guy used to be one of the Factory Honda engine guru's last year etc. Tokyo Mods

Take a look at the list of teams that still prefer using his products over the factory stuff. :banghead:

Depending on where you are in NC, I would bring it to Chad Watts. He will probably use PC stuff, but not having to ship it and being able to talk directly to him is a big advantage. Not to down RHC/Eric Gorr/PC etc, but I would prefer a local person.

My 2 c.

The standard maps in the Vortex CRF250 ignition aren't anything to get excited about. With a dyno and a the Vortex programming setup you can get some useful maps, but it is out of reach for most people unless you want to do some serious engine development. Save your money.

We've only done a small bit of testing with the Boysen setup, but it looks to work pretty well .

We haven't tested the DR. D pipe on the CRF250. Doug's pipes really work well on other bikes so I have confidence that his design for the CRF250 will also work well.

I'm out for three months because of surgery on my thumb, so I decided that I wanted to get my motor rebuilt. Where is the best place that I can send my motor to get more power out of it and keep some reliability?

BTW, sorry if this is hard to understand, my surgery was yesterday and I'm on a lot of vicodin.

I am way picky about my bike, if I didnt do my own motors there are only 4 people that I would let touch my race motors. In no specific order....

Mike Wymer

Steve Slebodnick (CHM motor builder)

Dan Crower (Crower Power)

Ron Hamp (RHC)