No Husqvarna (TE-610) Dealers In State. Would You Buy Out of State?

Well I'm bummed, after research and thinking, decided upon an '06 TE-610 DS for all the forest roads I have nearby. Called the nearby Husqvarna dealer. They just dropped the line. Called the other dealer about 250 miles away. They're getting out of the line. DISAPPOINTMENT. Talked to their service departments... they're not interested in working on a bike they don't stock. DISAPPOINTMENT. Looked for dealers nearby states. Nothing closer than 700 miles. DISAPPOINTMENT.

So, it looks like no TE-610, unless I have one shipped to me from some distant dealer. Is this crazy? I read these bikes are so trustworthy and well built, maybe it won't be much of an issue. Regular maintenance, swap tires, rejet, etc. I'm getting up in age. This will be a mildly ridden thing. What think and thanks!

In the age of internet and UPS getting parts is not a problem.

While i dont think you need to worry about the bike breaking--you might bend a lever or wear out a cable etc. and as long as you can do basic stuff like that then you will be fine.

Odd that Colorado doesnt have a Husky dealer. The bikes are so well suited for a place with that much off road...

I wouldnt worry about buying out of state....unless Co has some special issues with licensing the bike--and i cant imagine they would have any issue with the TE610.

Get the best--get a Husky TE610..

Well I'm bummed, after research and thinking, decided upon an '06 TE-610 DS for all the forest roads I have nearby. Called the nearby Husqvarna dealer. They just dropped the line. Called the other dealer about 250 miles away. They're getting out of the line. DISAPPOINTMENT. Talked to their service departments... they're not interested in working on a bike they don't stock. DISAPPOINTMENT. Looked for dealers nearby states. Nothing closer than 700 miles. DISAPPOINTMENT.

So, it looks like no TE-610, unless I have one shipped to me from some distant dealer. Is this crazy? I read these bikes are so trustworthy and well built, maybe it won't be much of an issue. Regular maintenance, swap tires, rejet, etc. I'm getting up in age. This will be a mildly ridden thing. What think and thanks!

Me and a buddy(Puisai_5) ordered a 250 and 450 from Taskys. Give them a call. You may be surprised on the shipping. I cant tell you completely how the purchase went as the bikes did have a nation wide delay. Will report back as soon as I receive them.

is there a KTM dealer nearby....... maybe ther techs will work on a Husky? but like we said dont expect to need work on that bike. 2000 DIRT miles on my bike and only a wheel bearing went out....... and now my Magura clutch had a problem, but KTM uses the same clutch .

Dealers that say they won't work on a bike are jerking you around. I hate small corporate butt head dealers like that. They just want to sell you their line. ANY mechanic can work on any bike.........just like today my friends helped me work on my clutch. we all own different bikes.

I suppose if you put 10 k miles a year on the bike, maybe you want support in that second year...... but lots of old huskys out there

I've owned four "old school" school Husky four strokes, and other than some ignition problems on the early 90's models they are totally bullet-proof in my opinion. I still have my '95 and it has a gazillion miles on the original piston. The '95 has gone through many tires and grips, two sets of chains and sprockets, two sets of brake pads, two carburetor needles and one clutch. I'm sure you could find a local bike mechanic willing to work on your Husky, ask around at local shops, but ask the mechanics themselves, they will more than likely know of someone who will work on your bike. I have an oddball Canadian model Yamaha WR250 that has an Ohlins 360cc big bore kit installed. When my local Yamaha dealer didn't want to touch it when I blew the tranny my local KTM mechanic was not only happy to help but had experience with the Ohlins big bore kits. It pays to ask around.

I'm waiting on my '05 TE510 to come in right now. I'm in Mississippi and got it from Pennsylvania. I have a local husky dealer but they don't even have any, and when I asked for a quote on a Husky they tried to sell me a KTM :banghead:

I do all my own work so local support is not a concern to me, and I can mail order parts and get them faster than through a dealer that also has to order them.

I emailed every dealer I know of (Taskys, Halls, Motoexotica, Uptite, Heinins, and ToyTechCycles) asking for a total price after shipping. Taskys and ToyTech were the only ones to respond and Toytech was about $1000 cheaper and then I asked if I could get a discount for two since my brother wants one too so they took off $200 each so total price was $11,070 to my door for 2 brand new '05 TE510s :banghead:

Joel

Hard to believe that dealers would be dropping Husky just as these street legal enduro bikes are coming and Husky has a totally revised Dual Sport. Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest. :banghead:

Norman

Thanks everyone. Well I talked to the dealer again and talked to someone a little more knowledgeable there... versus a green sales person who said they no longer carry and practically hung up.

It appears they may be able to order one in for me. They're going to talk to Husqvarna on Tuesday and see if they can get one despite not placing any orders for several years. Husqvarna still lists them as a dealer. The person I spoke with loves dirt biking and heads up their dirt bike business (Honda, KTM, Suz) and loves Husky's. He's hoping this will potentially re-open the business... especially with no one within 700 miles of Denver (and great dirt/dual sport country in the backyard) selling Husky's. I'll find out sometime next week if it is a go, if I should have one shipped to me, or <sigh> I consider something else.

Hard to believe that dealers would be dropping Husky just as these street legal enduro bikes are coming and Husky has a totally revised Dual Sport. Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest. :banghead:

Norman

Here in SoCal its the opposite. Dealers are trying to pick up the line...

My thoughts are that if you have some mechanical ability and some tools, you'll do just fine. Especially so considering that you'll be able to find people at speedzilla and supermoto junkies who have already got their "been there, done that" T-shirts on when it comes to the engine work, jetting and go-fast bits.

Really all you need are the torque specs, a williness to purchase the odd tool for special tasks and some patience and you'll be able to do any job that comes up on any bike you own.

If you are interested in buying one out of state, There is a 2004 te610e with 96 miles on it. It is owned buy a 65 year old man that thought it would be good for commuting to work. when he did not like it he parked it. He has now put it back in the showroom at the dealership for sale. The price is $4000.00. Not bad for a like new 610 with almost no miles. If I had the money I would have it at the house now. It is located in Wilmington NC.

Wilmington Power Sports

2954 North Kerr Ave.

Wilmington N.C. 28405

Phone#: 910-251-3733

e-mail: wilmingtonpowersports@hotmail.com

Hope this helps.

Ray Hast

Fay. NC

I have a 03 TE610E brand new right out of the box, havent installed the battery yet, 19 liter Husky gas tank, that I have decided to sell for $5000.00

if you are interested. I have 3 other Huskies and dont really need this bike. I bought the bike in April 04, damaged slightly in shipment(superficial only) and have replaced the damaged parts with OEM ( odo cluster, handlebar, choke lever and headlight). I put a yellow vinyl cover on the Husky white 19 liter gas tank otherwise the bike is stock. I rarely have to order Husky parts but have no problem when I do. I will post a picture shortly.