Sign in to follow this  

cylender material

what is the cylender bore material on the new kxf250....

is it a cast iron sleeve or plated aluminum???

if its plated what type of plating is it?...

what is the cylender bore material on the new kxf250....

is it a cast iron sleeve or plated aluminum???

if its plated what type of plating is it?...

I think its nikisel plated...I could be wrong though...I know its not a cast iron sleeve.

alright

thanks

i just hope its not like kawasaki's two stroke plated cylenders because in my 125 the plating went bad in old like 40 hrs, and ive herd its common of the kawi's

alright

thanks

i just hope its not like kawasaki's two stroke plated cylenders because in my 125 the plating went bad in old like 40 hrs, and ive herd its common of the kawi's

Ive got 45 plus hours on my 05 and its flawless on the coating...knock on wood :banghead:

What is there to "PRESS OUT" Its a one piece casting and a brand new cylinder isn't too expensive ! About $250.00

Hey i have an '04 and i'm putting new ring in it, can i hone it or does it need something else done.

Sorry for the off topic..

Hey i have an '04 and i'm putting new ring in it, can i hone it or does it need something else done.

Sorry for the off topic..

The early models have a plating composition that is too hard too hone with conventional methods (ball hones, aluminum oxide stones, etc) . You need a multi-shoe diamond hone setup to work on these barrels. These early barrels tend to show odd wear near the top of the stroke, so make sure you put a dial bore guage on the cylinder to check it for taper and out of round.

Once these barrels show significant taper you are better off just buying a new barrel unless you have easy access to the diamond honing equipment.