Sign in to follow this  

I need a Greeves piston

Yeah I know it's not a thumper, but if there are any vintage folks here like there are on the trail, nobody will care anyway :banghead: It's for a 1969 or 70 Greeves Griffon 380. This bike is an absolute bear with more power than it could really handle. I thouroghly enjoyed letting people try out that "old piece o crap" just to see the horrified looks they had when they returned.🤣 After many hillclimb events the poor old hepolite finally gave up the ghost. I'd even be willing replace it with something from an old japanese bike if any one knows of a similar configuration. (like the Corvair pistons in my friends Flat-Head Harley). Any former Greeeves mechanics or experienced piston fitters out there that can help? :banghead:

Frank Conley probably has the part you need, but if not there is an ad in AHRMA Vintage Views for Swain coatings that claim to be able to salvage old pistons with a ceramic coating. Ive never used this myself, but it might be an option worth checking out. There web address is www.swaintech.com