Sign in to follow this  

No Fuel Getting Into Bowl!!

:banghead::banghead:

I am having a brain fart...there is no fule getting into bowl. It comes out of the tank and into the carb. The carb is an FCR Flat on a '01 YZF. I have pulled the carb and when I blow through the brass inlet...nada! Now I seem to remember that I should be able to blow air through that inlet, especially when the bowl is off.

Am I missing something here?

HELP me...PUHLEASE

Thanks

When you blow into the fuel line port make sure ur floats are down (or up) or nothing will get get through. The floats are designed to allow fuel in when it need it and to stop fuel flow when it doesn't. So make sure that the float "pin" is in correctly. Does fuel flow from the tank when you turn the fuel cock on?

My fuel cock got all plugged up the other day preventing fuel flow from the tank into the carb. I hope this helps

Yeah...the petcock flows fuel. I pulled the floats totally out so the needle is out of the picture. Still no luck!!! The needle moves just fine. After the inlet, what does the fuel do (how does it travle)?

Thanks

it flow through a small passage way and into the float through the needle. Something has to be blocking it. I woul take the carb completly aprat and clean all jets and passage ways. It doesn't make sence with the needle out and still no flow.

Maybe Grayracer can chime in...he would know better than I would.

You can expose nearly all the passages in your FCR by removing the "tamper-proof" screws. This allows you to split the carb's main body in half. Be careful not to tear the gasket, because you can't buy it. You rip it and you buy a new carb.

You're sure that you've got the needle valve out of it? I'm not sure exactly how the fuel travels between the fuel inlet and needle valve, but it sure sounds clogged. What could have gotten in there? I'd try blowing gently backwards up through the needle valve, and see if you can make whatever it is, go back out the way it came in.

Try pm'ing James Dean over in the jetting forum. He's had one apart.

Well...the needle was stuck. The little spring on the needle was fooling me that the needle was moving. So after pulling the needle out I see some flotsam on that little screen beneath it. Is there a way to get the needle seat out to clean down there? That looks like the source of all my problems. Messing with anything tamper-proof that could render my carb useless is VERY frightenening to me. I would miniturize my cat and she can use her pointy toes to scrape the crap out of there before I took the carb body apart.

Whew... I was gona have to buy a new 525 in order to ride today!!! Saved me $8000!!!

Yeah, I opted out of that one too. :banghead: Nooooo way.

I've never had the seat out, but doesn't it come out with a large, regular screw driver? I believe it does, as it's an easily replaceable part. Take it out, and flush the passage with carb cleaner and compressed air.