Sign in to follow this  

vermulen to motogp for 06 ?

a little birdy just told me that chris might get to motogp next year ,on a ''SUZUKI'' !!!!!! . could this be true , or is it a bluff to get honda to make him an offer asap ?..........

Straight off www.crash.net is this:

"John Hopkins has already signed to stay at Suzuki for 2006 and 2007, but who will replace Roberts next year remains unknown - with the likes of Chris Vermeulen, Alex Hofmann, Shane Byrne, James Ellison - and several others - all linked to the now vacent seat"

Honda better pull their heads out quick before they lose a future star. Vermulen did awesome last week for his first time ever on the bike. Let's see what happens this weekend but I've got to think he'll only get better and better. 1-2 years and he should be running up front with the right bike.

I actually liked this article better. Hopkins admits he's riding like a *****, :banghead:

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=6&nid=121152

Straight off www.crash.net is this:

"John Hopkins has already signed to stay at Suzuki for 2006 and 2007, but who will replace Roberts next year remains unknown - with the likes of Chris Vermeulen, Alex Hofmann, Shane Byrne, James Ellison - and several others - all linked to the now vacent seat"

Honda better pull their heads out quick before they lose a future star. Vermulen did awesome last week for his first time ever on the bike. Let's see what happens this weekend but I've got to think he'll only get better and better. 1-2 years and he should be running up front with the right bike.

I actually liked this article better. Hopkins admits he's riding like a *****, :banghead:

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=6&nid=121152

hey vmax, [have i told you that vmax is my son's nick name]...i heard they might even make a formal announcement re , cv , and suzuki at tonight's [our time ] turkish motogp..........and how's about hayden , looks like he is gonna' be the real deal. :banghead:.....PS i just had a look at crash.net . looks like a good site . they also now have the cv to suzuki story. i've also heard that there is talk of stoner to yamaha for motogp as competition for pedrosa and honda ?????

id like to see him get a permanent ride on anysort of bike, i really think with a bit more time on the GP bikes he will be a force to be reconed with..

he's a local coast boy "yandina" he lives... it's about 15 mins from me..it's a very small little country sort of town...it just goes to show u can get anywhere if you put your mind to it!:banghead:

go chris

Wasn't he riding MotoGP at Phillip Island? Just from what I remember, I am probably wrong?

Wasn't he riding MotoGP at Phillip Island? Just from what I remember, I am probably wrong?

He was and again today in Turkey on Baliss's bike.

Ah. So I wasn't going crazy! hahaha.

Well good luck to the kid. I hope he gets the ride on the big boys class next year.

The Vermullen to Suzuki deal should have been released this afternoon or evening.

KR's Proton team has been guaranteed RC211V engines from Honda IF they can come up with sponsorship money. Since sponsors have been dropping like flies, that's a big IF. Assuming they do come up with the sponsorship bucks (which probably means around $25 million), then KRJR will probably be the rider.

Danny Pedrosa will be Nicky Hayden's partner on the HRC Repsol team.

Biaggi will leave Repsol Honda and go back to the Pons Camel Honda team for next year.

Gibernau is 99.9% certain to sign with Ducati for 2006. No announcement is expected until the season is over.

WCM/Blata probably won't return next year.

Bayliss will probably be in WSBK next year.

Xaus will most like join Neil Hodgeson in AMA on a Ducati.

Randy Dupuniet will move from 250's to the Kawasaki MotoGP team with Shinya Nakano. Don't know where Hoffman is going, but probably to the minor leagues.

Cheers,

Mac

The Vermullen to Suzuki deal should have been released this afternoon or evening.

KR's Proton team has been guaranteed RC211V engines from Honda IF they can come up with sponsorship money. Since sponsors have been dropping like flies, that's a big IF. Assuming they do come up with the sponsorship bucks (which probably means around $25 million), then KRJR will probably be the rider.

Danny Pedrosa will be Nicky Hayden's partner on the HRC Repsol team.

Biaggi will leave Repsol Honda and go back to the Pons Camel Honda team for next year.

Gibernau is 99.9% certain to sign with Ducati for 2006. No announcement is expected until the season is over.

WCM/Blata probably won't return next year.

Bayliss will probably be in WSBK next year.

Xaus will most like join Neil Hodgeson in AMA on a Ducati.

Randy Dupuniet will move from 250's to the Kawasaki MotoGP team with Shinya Nakano. Don't know where Hoffman is going, but probably to the minor leagues.

Cheers,

Mac

bayliss is confirmed , back in wsbk on ducati.....

Hopkins and Vermulan will make a good team I just hope Suzuki can come up with a competitave bike but I doubt it.Who is replacing Gibernau? I was hoping it would be Vermulan.Stoner was on fire his best ride yet I kinda hope he does one more year in the 250,s but if Jeremy Burges says he is ready for motogp what would I know.

Thanks to all you Australians on this thread. I live in the country here in Minnesota and only have 4 channels. As a result, I just learned more about what's goin' on in motoGP than I would have in a month of waiting for my magazines to come.

Anybody see that picture of Vermulen getting a ride on the back of a Ducati after he crashed in qualifying. That guy wouldn't have done that for him if he (Vermulen) wasn't a nice guy. He's a hard worker, according to what I've read, and I hope he does well. Maybe he can beat Rossi in a couple years. Somebody has to.

I think Vermeulen is making a big mistake. Suzuki has proved to be a resounding POS so far. Should have stayed in WSB another year and tried to move to MotoGP on a Honda ride.

On the Suzuki, he is guarranteed a back marker ride, moving chicane for the Rossis/Haydens and Melandris of this world.

couple of days old now, but he is definatly rideing for suzuki, he could wait for a honda ride, but then again it might not come through for him, i say good luck to him, -remember not all that long ago when yammy wasn't going to good, didn't stop rossi!

now look at em, i think vermulen could do the same, but like some of the past posts say, i really do hope their bikes are up to scratch, i have my doughts, but i still think he can do well, and if he does who's to say he can't have a choice of rides in the future!