Sign in to follow this  

Help: Tranny oil looks milky.

Okay so I was checking my valves today and when I pulled the cover off of the right side to line up the crank to find TDC I noticed the oil looked as if it might have some water in it. I run the same oil in my tranny as I do in the motor and the motor side looks great. Is this just the result of the oil not having to absorb the blow-by of the pistion? Or did I get water in my transmission? I can really change the oil right now to see if it has water in it since my front wheel is at the shop getting trued and the bike is stuck on the stand.

i know on 2 strokes that happens from yur water pump seal is bad.... im pretty sure its the same on the 4 strokes... unless it would leak in to the egine oil which i doubt

normal. It happens when you go through a lot of water. Drain and try and flush some of the bad stuff out w/ new oil.

It sounds like the o-ring for the water pump might have failed, allowing coolant from the radiator to contaminate the right side crankcase oil. But if you are not low on radiator coolant than it is getting into the crankcase via the breather tube.

Just checked the radiator fluid and its still full. By breather tube do you mean the pink one? If so when I bought the bike used that tube had been sucked down in between the case and front sprocket and as a result ripped that filter looking thing (that I had seen on my buddies 250x) off. Could this have something to do with it sucking water? The track I have been riding at has been a little wetter then usual but no standing water or large puddles. Could it have been due to hosing the bike off after a days riding? Or does this sound like condensation?