Sign in to follow this  

Flywheel on a crf450, update.......

I put a 13 0z SFB flywheel on my 2006 CRF450. It worked awesome.

More Traction

Bike will not stall in tight corners or singletrack.

Made the bike a bit less agressive.

Must buy for your bike.

I'm about to install a 9oz on my '05 for the same benefits, but I ride almost all motocross. I hope it helps tame the beast a bit in the dry hardpack - I know I need the help I can get.

Made the bike a bit less agressive.

:banghead: idk mang....not what I would like to do....I love the snizap of that fast reving machine :banghead:

OK.... I just bought an SFB 11oz Flywheel weight (not istalled yet) for my 450R. This product is an add on weight to the OEM flywheel. I just took a look at the Trailtech weight and it looks like it is a whole flywheel replacement (with magnet for lighting also). Is this correct? If so, I am thinking of returning the SFB and getting the Trail Tech, since the bolt on weights always have the possibility of coming loose over time.

OK.... I just bought an SFB 11oz Flywheel weight (not istalled yet) for my 450R. This product is an add on weight to the OEM flywheel. I just took a look at the Trailtech weight and it looks like it is a whole flywheel replacement (with magnet for lighting also). Is this correct? If so, I am thinking of returning the SFB and getting the Trail Tech, since the bolt on weights always have the possibility of coming loose over time.

As far as the Trail tech stuff goes you're correct - it is a complete bolt on flywheel tha treplaces your entire OEM flwyheel.

The trail tech FW is an excellent product - I use the 17oz on my 04 as I want real tractive XR like lugging capability.

The bike will still stall but much less so

I'm about to install a 9oz on my '05 for the same benefits, but I ride almost all motocross. I hope it helps tame the beast a bit in the dry hardpack - I know I need the help I can get.

It'll be harderd to carry your front end through the whoops if you install that flywheel, you'll also notice more front end dive while in the air. While you're correct, it will be awesome in the dry hardpack, I just can't stand the slow-rev with the flywheel on the mx tracks.

I've got either a 9 or 11 oz trailtech on my 04 (can't remember which right now!) and ride MX only. It does make it a tad lazy off the bottom, but it's only noticeable if you ride someone else's bike back-to-back. I haven't noticed any downside to it but the upside has been great - less prone to stalling and the slight laziness makes it easier to control your corner exit speed.

I'd do it again but use the smallest available weight.

Yep, the 9oz on my 05 450R was great. Still very frisky, with less stalling in the nasty stuff.