Sign in to follow this  

tradin' my SV for a Duke!

hello everbody !

I went to get my sv650s inspected today and found a 2000 duke lc4 for sale and now I want it . This one has only 4k miles on it and was owned by a lucky guy who had a whole stable of nice bikes. He wrecked it last february. The bike went over on its left side and on his leg :banghead: Well the damage: busted kickstand, gearshift, front wheel. The plastics over the left pipe are rashed a little but other than that it looks real good. So it was up there at the shop and they've ordered the parts to fix it. They are asking $3600 for it which would just about be an even trade for my SV . I'm going for it, But I have a few questions. What is the seat height and is there a ride height adjustment on that ?

Congrats, I have had my 00 Duke II since new (purchased 11/99) and I still think its a fun and unique bike, I am sure you will enjoy it. The seat is 35.43" tall, and theres really now actual seat hight ajustment but you could always back off the preload on the rear spring a bit to bring the rear down then slide the fork tubes up in the clamps. You can make slight ride hight ajustments using the eccentrics used for chain ajustment just make sure the chain is still ajusted properly if you use this method, as it has to be left quite loose to avoid binding when the suspention compresses.

$3600 for a 2000 Duke that's been crashed? too much money.

If he crashed hard enough to damage the 17" cast front wheel.. that's probably enough force to bend the forklegs.. better check the bike though..

Peronsally, I wouldn't pay more than $2500 for a crashed Duke, beside the SV650 is a more capable bike then the Duke, more comfortable at highway speed, less vibe..

I wish that I had a Duke... my mom's friend has one and she rarely rides it. It's black and looks awesome. I just turned 16 not too long ago so I might have to go out and get my M Liscence

Stock BBS wheels are way too soft, KTM should have recalled them. Unless you are willing to run 36psi in the cast wheels a bend is inevitable. A big pothole will bend a bbs easy. In my opinion you should replace the stock cast wheels with spoked ones (available from KTM) and yes they are a little heavier but well worth it.

Ive had an 03 SV650 trackbike and have an SV1000S. Had an 03 Duke II and now a 625SMC. The Duke is more fun!

Good choice! I just sold an 03 SV650S last weekend because I bought another 625SMC. The SV is awesome but the SMC is 100% more fun on the street and on the karttrack I liketo ride (as is the Duke). One of the only bikes in the world I would trade mine for would be a black Duke II with a FCR carb, full pipe, and Marchesini's to replace the soft BBS wheels... That would be nasty!