Sign in to follow this  

CRF230 choke/idle ???

My wife has a 230F (purchased in May). The thing runs like a top...Once she's warm. Here's my prob. Normally with a cold engine, full choke, start it up, let it rev (on it's own) and when it's ready, it'll let you know when to open it up. My wife's bike won't accept full choke when started cold. I usually use 1/2 choke. Plus, I have to crank the idle up manually to get some rpms. Then, when it's warm, I drop the idle manually and it runs/accelerates/decels awesome! There's no more than 10ish hours on the bike. We also ride around 4-4500ft. I wouldn't think jetting would be a prob, 'cause it runs very well. Hopefully I made some sense...Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

I have an '03 230F and mine is the same way. Afer reading on TT for a while it seems this is normal for these bikes. My bike must warm up 15 minutes or so to run properly, and now that it's getting cold in CT it takes even longer! After that it runs great.

Sometimes I'll increase the idle adjustment to keep it running, but then you have to re-adjust it after it's warm.

Paul

Mine is the same way too, its an 05

Yesterday after I dumped it, it was upside down, and after that it wouldnt run without the choke at half place?

Hopefully this doesnt continue to happen!?!

Mine is the same way too, its an 05

Yesterday after I dumped it, it was upside down, and after that it wouldnt run without the choke at half place?

Hopefully this doesnt continue to happen!?!

Somewhat a pain in the ass, isn't it? Oh well, I guess we'll just deal with it! The funny thing is, my wife dumped her's yesterday too! :banghead: Thanks for your input Ms. Gurl!

Suzuki 4 eva,

Dan

It is a pain in the ass, and all the other riders look at you like you dont know how to start your bike (not that I care, but still)

Now that I know it is going to do that EVERY TIME i just get right to adjusting things.. LOL..

How does she like it?

She's a bit on the timid side but, she gets more comfy with time! She seems to enjoy it!

Dan