Sign in to follow this  

sat on a 2006 swedish huskyberg today. I think I'm in love again

was at MotoXotica today...getting parts for my husky magura clutch - dont ask I dont know what broke, but its seems to work now........

anyways just for the hell of it, Dan puts me on the new 2006 Husaberg FE550.

I never got off the bike. I just sat there BSing and talking and the bike felt so good. :banghead::busted::banghead::busted:🤣:busted: $7795 plus.........Ouch but i sat on the 05 FE450 and didn't like it nearly as much as that new blue fender , with black seat and redesigned tank 2006 FE550.

I think I may have found a garage mate for the Wolf!

nope but dan said he gets in big shipment of 2006 Huskys next week. I didn't ask him all of them, he did say a TE-450 and a 2 stroke WR-250 and sure I bet a new 2006 TE-250 is on the truck too.

They made the tank more narrow, streamlined, more flowing with the bike...seems very nice , BETTER then 05

They also moved the fill cap to the right of center becasue they were getting splash back on the 05, becasue the fill cap is way up front and that part of the tank is pinched sitting right on the box frame.

so is it true that husaberg is old Husky engineers?

Electrolux bought Husky in '78 and lost interest in the motorcycle division of Husky. In '86-'87 Electrolux sold it to Cagiva and in '88 full production moved to Italy. The 510TE was the first real modern lightweight 4 stroke thumper, with a 4 stroke top end on essentially a 2 stroke bottom end. Some Husky 4 stroke engineers didn't want to continue with Husky, so Husaberg was born to continue the developement of a modern lightweight 4 stroke in Sweden. Vertimati were Italian Husaberg importers and race tuners who eventually built there own bike. VOR spun off from Vertimati, with a bike that still shared many of the same features. Then KTM bought Husaberg to jumpstart developement of the RFS motor. The single cam left kick Huskys like my '01 TE400 are all related to these motors above. Your twin cam 510 is a new and unique motor. Sorry for the ramble. :banghead:

Norman

well dont get me wrong my TE-510 is my bike and if it was stolen I would replace it fast.

I was just reading that 24 hour dirt rider mag article from last winter about the husaberg. Seems some found the left side right side switch of chain and clutch placed the rear brake pedal inside more and the shifter out more..casuing some confusion in fast situations....... many loved the berg.

It was Sorry feeling reading the Husky articles again...if they had just jetted the bike with JD's needle and lost that fluffy ness and if the forks were a little softer the Husky would have done better....... maybe husky will adjust their acc pump squirt this year...oh yeah they all noticed the husky gearing is so close that top speed is not there.........This year the husky gear ratios are a little taller right?

I don't know, I did like sitting on that 2006 FE550. Oh the article said husabergs are made in austria now........ never sit on nice bikes. :banghead:

Oh the article said husabergs are made in austria now.

KTM makes them. Or thats what I hear anyway, but it was supposed to be part of the agreement.... KTM can have their engine design if KTM makes their bikes for them.

Joel

Bob,

The fact that they are built in KTM factory in Austria has improved quality and reliability of the bike over when it was built in Sweden. Some people think the older ones look either handmade or homemade depending on if you liked them or not. It's still blue and yellow, so it will go with your Husky. You might want to try a 450.

Norman

yeah , that 550 is too much for my local woods. My 510 is good anywhere except for a couple of trails...... The Husaberg has a wide ratio 6 speed tranny, that will be different, which is cool. Dan still wants me to think on the WR-250......I don't know...I wasn't all excited on that 2002 or 01? WR 250 I rode once. ill see his next week. yeah gonna go to the bank, arrange a loan, I'm riding the bejesus out of my 510 I need two bikes.

I'm gonna get this black/blue seat for my husky from guts racing, my blue gripper seat has a tear.

http://gutsracing.com/pictures/husky/5484213230.jpg

Bigbob, the Berg is a great bike but why not get a 05 or 06 TE450? Uses many of the same parts as your 510, same filters, and other components. Makes it a little easier to maintain multiple bikes that way.

oh just thinking of something different. MotoXotica handles/supports both bikes.

I really wasn't thinking of husabergs Till I sat on that 06 FE550e......I just kept siting on it....:banghead:

http://www.husaberg.se/EN/images/fe550egross.jpg

ya know a plated TE-450 is such deal compared to the husaberg, proably about $500 cheaper and its plated. wow Huskys are gonna sell big this year....unless the world is wierd.

oh just thinking of something different. MotoXotica handles/supports both bikes.

I really wasn't thinking of husabergs Till I sat on that 06 FE550e......I just kept siting on it....:banghead:

http://www.husaberg.se/EN/images/fe550egross.jpg

ya know a plated TE-450 is such deal compared to the husaberg, proably about $500 cheaper and its plated. wow Huskys are gonna sell big this year....unless the world is wierd.

The problem with the newer Huskys (not 610s) in regards to dual sporting is the too damn close ratio tranny. I heard they spread out the gears a little for '06 but they should have optional Wide ratio trannys like KTM but even wider for those of us desert guys and dual sporters. The Berg I rode years ago had a 6 speed comparable to the 610 Huskys which is super versatile. Husaberg's website shows the "force" edition 650 with blinkers and what appears to be a horn-SWEET!

I haven't had a problem with the close ratio tranny in my '05 SM510R. 16/42 in my final gearing with power wheelies in the first three gears and third gear can carry the bike up to around 55 mph. Top speed is over 100 mph.

I enjoy the TE-510 most at one Local woods place Georgetown and Elkins flat too. Its woods riding with really not professional tight stuff at all, yes we have some bar width trail sections but lots of the normal 30" wide trails moving twisty turning , rocky here there roots there woods stuff is also mixed in with some wider 4' wide trails and some double wide old mining roads now and then ....so with the 510 you do get to open it up in between the working woods trails a nice mix...the Wolf loves it there .

East coast woods, what my memory of Virginia, new York, north carolina etc. them woods are tight definitely 250, 400, 450 country there I would expect unless again the actual riding areas are more mixed , open with tight.

all of the above is why the TE-510 is the biggest displacement bike I'll buy. BUT although in future years when I replace the wolf, I will get a Big displacement 500+cc bike I'm totally hooked on them..... so maybe one day a 550 will be in my garage.

Bob,

My Husky dealer(ex Husaberg dealer, sold them for about ten years and doesn't regret giving them up) says friends don't let friends ride Husabergs. :banghead: I know the quality has gone up and price down since the nineties, but the only two Husabergs I know('00 FE400e and '02 FE650e) are complete nightmares that spend very little time actually being ridden. I know this is a small sample on my part, but can't help being a little leary. If you can live without the button you owe it to yourself to ride an '01 Husky TE400 before you make the Husy instead of Husky plunge. Husy/Husky guys feel free to flame away at me. :banghead:

Norman

well the other deal is for a couple hundred less I can get a TE-450 with a Plate.

I'm not too worried about an 06 husaberg for reliabilty, maybe if it was my only bike. thats' why I chose husky, I knew it was industrial strenght......but I expected more maintenanec then i got, so I think I'm pretty mild on bikes and dont expect to put lots of wear and tear on the berg.

It's down to the Fe450e vs. Ktm 400 exc vs. a plated Te-450...... The te is very unlikeley too similar to my 510. Ya know to spend this kind of money I need to have some fever...and right now ever since I sat on that 06 Fe550e I got the huseyberg fever. I'm staying away from my bank...cause once I fill out the loan papers...I'm sunk, committed bought and sold......so I try to drive on different streets then my bank during the day.

Save ya peso's for a year, ditch the 510 for an '07 TE-510, hopefully it will get the upgrades the TC got this year.