PLEASE HELP - calling anyone with mechanical knowledge

hi everyone i'm knew to this site. I own an xr 250 2003 , 4 stroke. I have recently had it serviced and they replaced the clutch, added oil and did all the things you would expect from a service. However I have recently checked oil and it is on EMPTY this is after a few weeks prior to having it serviced. I have been riding the bike like anyone would expect.. a little over revving circle work hear and there etc. So anyway the bike has no oil, so I replaced the oil and went for a ride with my pop on the road for about 45 minutes came back and the oil level has significantly dropped !!!! My pop noticed that when I went down hill the bike would smoke quite a bit. The question is this normal..?? whats wrong with my bike! It would seem my bike is over consuming oil.. I thinking something along the lines of piston rings - worn oil scraper rings .. or valve stem seals??? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT I really want to fix my baby asap so I can go blast some bush trails :banghead:

Most likely it's you rings. What oil are you using. Those hondas will run for a long time even if they burn oil just keep adding or maby use thicker oil. My friend has a 82 XR 200 and it smoked alot like real bad even the 2-stroke guys at the track would stare at him. and he started using 25W-50 and it works way better but remember his is a 82 not a 03.

i know they serviced the bike but was there actually oil in the bike when you got it home,did you physically check the oil. i know i would have assumed it was full. but if they did not fill it that might be your problem to begin with and therefore it would be there fault right

ok guys I think I may have been using the wrong procedure for checking the oil. But there is still a lil smoke on decelleration for sure. The people who owned the bike previous to me flogged the living shithouse out of it.. it's a western Australian property bike .. but i'd assume they would still do little things like change the oil every so often etc.