Sign in to follow this  

Is the valve shim size 7.48mm?

I have the hotcams valve shim kit from my CRF250. Are they the same size for my RMZ...7.48mm....Thanks. Also if i only have to shim the exhaust valves do i have to remove the intake cam as well or just the exhaust...Thanks for the help

Kit will not work, same diameter but they are to thin usually. You need the kit that has the thicker shims. My friend has boths kits and has never needed to go as thin as the CRF kit, if you do I think you may have some valve issues. To shim the exhaust valves I do not think you will have to take out the intake cam, may just want to make it easier though.

Yeah they have two kits, one is like 1.5 to 2.5 and the other is like 2.5 to 3.5 or something like that. The CRF uses the smaller kit. They are both the same diameter 7.48mm just different thickness, KXF/RMZ uses the thicker ones.

Really. I just went to the hotcams website and they only list a 7.48mm and a 9.48mm. They sat the 7.48 fits the RMZ and the KXF as well as the CRF250s and the 9.48 is for the 450fs. I didnt see any different shim sizes. Do you know where i can find it.Thanks

You get both kits when you buy the The Hot cams shim kit. 1.5mm to 3.5 They work, but are not as hard as the OEM shims. They are a good deal. You will need shims from 2.8 to 3.1 inthe KXF/RMZ.

The KX250f and RMZ250 specify shims from 2.50mm to 3.50mm. (.025mm increments)

YZ250F is 1.20mm to 2.40mm (.05mm increments)

Honda CRF250 1.20mm to 2.90mm (0.025mm increments)

Husqvarna TE250 1.6mm to 2.60mm.

They are all 7.48mm in diameter.

450's are normally 9.48mm and different shim ranges

The Hot Cams kit supply shims in .050mm increments and the original kit only had shims to suit the Yamaha. They then doubled the size of the kit to cover a much bigger range.

Be aware of the shim range of your bike and don't go outside that range. I've seen people installing smaller shims outside the range when the valves wear enough.

They're asking for trouble.