Sign in to follow this  

Another vortex question

I did a search and didn't find what I was really looking for. Is there a difference between the Wr250F and yz250f vortex ignitions? My understanding that stock the main difference is the grey wire, so I didn't know what the difference with the X10 would be. I went to mt's website, but they don't list part numbers, just what they have them for and what they fit.

Yes, they are different. The power curves are different. The YZ has MX, SX, traction settings. The WR has overall power, traction, aggressive power, YZ map, and WR stock with an increased rev limit.

Yes, they are different. The power curves are different. The YZ has MX, SX, traction settings. The WR has overall power, traction, aggressive power, YZ map, and WR stock with an increased rev limit.

But it would plug right into a yzf and then could be reprogrammed?

The Vortex does make a difference. You can tell when you switch from one distinct curve, ie traction to aggressive. But then the same curves, traction 1 to traction 2, are more subtle. The ignition can be reprogrammed, but it takes a $1000 hardware set up to do it. I do not know if MT offers reprogramming.

The Vortex does make a difference. You can tell when you switch from one distinct curve, ie traction to aggressive. But then the same curves, traction 1 to traction 2, are more subtle. The ignition can be reprogrammed, but it takes a $1000 hardware set up to do it. I do not know if MT offers reprogramming.

He does, as well as Tokyo mods...just more curious if it would be a direct fit replacement.

I got one for the girly's bike.

I am keen to try it out with the new GYTR pipe I got for her too.

It should put some life into the quiet 250!