Sign in to follow this  

TW200 Questions

Does anyone have any experience on this model. It is the dual purpose bike with the fat tires. How off road capable is it for trail riding? It weighs 260 lbs and im afraid thats too much for tossing it around on the trails. I like the low seat height and the dual purpose ability of this machine. Just wondering if anyone ever rode one and what you thought.

Although I've never personally ridden one, it should do fine in the trails. It's not much different from the XT225 (as far as looks go) and I've seen many casual riders on them. You're not going to be passing anyone on a WR250, but as long as that's ok with you, I'd say go for it.

Thanks for the reply, it seems like a different approach to trail riding and every review I've read on this bike gave it very good marks. It's definitely different to say the least. The only bad thing I've heard is the stock chain and sprockets need to be replace first thing. I will probably never ride it on the street so it will see a good deal of trail time. Supposedly it's 16 hp stock and I think thats pretty good for a 200cc bike. Now if I could just locate a new one on a dealers inventory, it seems like they are hard to get.

My friend owns a TW200. It's ok. Doesn't feel heavy at all. Decent power. I can ride the crap outta it, like my TTR. The back tire is huge. It's geared fairly high, I couldn't wheelie it real well. Goes somewhat fast. It's just like a TTR except a little heavier and geared differently.I can't remember how the suspension was. I only weighed about 125 back then. The only thing I didn't like about it was: it was hard to load on the trailer,kinda ugly.

All in all, it was fun, and I would like to ride one again.

If you end up with the TW check out the "TTR225 mods" thread in this forum. I'm pretty sure the exaust and air box mods will work on the TW as well. You'll get a lot more power if you open it up. Super easy and cheap to do.

The bike needs more power. I don't like the way the big rear tire behaves in sand. It likes to track straight, I like a tire that will slide in the direction the bike is steered when you slide up on the tank. The low seat hight is great for me at 5'.6". I wouldn't chane the sprocket unless you are going to need to go faster than 50 mph.

I bought one of these about 3 months ago for my wife. Within a week of doing so, my good riding buddy ended up doing the same thing (buying one for his wife). When we go camping and riding, we end up spending a lot of time goofing around on these bikes with the kids. They're great with the low seat height, electric start, and smooth power. We also both took them on about a 20 mile trail ride from our driveways, each of us with a kid on the back. They did great!

For simple trail riding, they're a great machine. For anything real aggressive or fast, I wouldn't recommend it. If you use it for its intended purpose you should have a lot of fun.

Great bike,and yes can be pretty quick in the woods if there are hills and its tight.If things get fast then it is out of its element.My bike has 4900 miles on it (4000 since the second week in July of 05)and still has the stock chain and rear sprocket.Did go up to a 15 tooth counter sprocket for riding on the road.The HUGE rear tire is great on hills.I can climb hills with my 6 year old son on that I would struggle to do on my 03 RM125.Just turn the gas and go.This bike is the closest thing to a 2 wheel ATV there is,and very easy to ride. :banghead: