Sign in to follow this  

tottaly stumped!

I was trail riding last saturday and the bike felll over on the ground on the clutch side and when i picked it back up and tried to restart the bike the gas started leaking out the overflow hoses and it would not stop and one reason being is my fuel petcock does not shut off.The bike really flooded bad to the point where it was in the header pipe and it was coming out of the choke.I proceeded to get all of the excess gas out of the bike involving draining the oil and taking off the header pipe and i also changed the spark plug.This bike will not start period!I have checked the valves and the compression and it checks out okay and i do have spark.My options are starting to run out and i need some feedback from you guys so i can get this 03 yz250f running again .

i think something stuck open, theres a valve connected to the float in your fuel bowl(you know this) and it sounds like it got stuck open. did it do the same thing when you tried to restart it?

Sounds like your float is stuck, easy fix try tapping the float bowl lightly to get the float unstuck. If this does not work drop the float bowl and check your float needle for debris.