Sign in to follow this  

Stock 50 clutch

I am going to be installing an 88 kit with race head this monday and I also bought some BBR clutch springs.. Will the clutch springs be enough to keep the clutch from slipping? I also bought a clutch nut socket ($20, I couldnt believe it!) Do I need to torque any thing on the clutch?

thank you :banghead:

The springs will be plenty to keep the clutch from slipping. And yes, you need to make sure the clutch nut is as tight as you can get it when you reinstall the clutch.

Where can I get the clutch tool on the internet? This is a genuine Honda socket.(like that really matters!) Would some one besides my local moto shop have one? (our local shop is a rip off!)

I was wondering the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

I ended up making one on a CNC mill outta some scrap SS, but it isn't hard, and will probably only work for 1 or 2 times.

HD springs are only $25... If I also bought some Kevlar clutch plates would my clutch be just as good as the TB? Or do I need the whole clutch to make it as good?

the tb clutch works better than stock no matter. im gettin one soon my clutch is finally belly up.