Sign in to follow this  

Race Tech Fork Springs for DRZ: how short are they?

Went to install the RT fork springs I ordered through TT from White Brothers--

510 x 43.2/.48kg.

These springs are two inches shorter than the stock springs. Is that right?

They come with spacers. How should I use them?

Thanks for the help!

Just another idea. I have no proof or anything to base this on but. Could it be a difference in spring lengths between the 00 - 01 S fork and the other DRZ forks?

There is definitely a difference in the spring lengths from older and newer bikes. When I re-springed I was almost sent 574mm springs by mistake. Ends up my 03 S needs 511mm springs and the older models need the longer springs. You will have to use the spacers. If you had gone with Cannonracecraft they would have made you the correct length springs for your bike (like they did for me).

I think to install, measure in the correct amount of shock oil (the oil height with the shock tube pushed in), then drop in the spring. Then spacer and the washer. Shocks off the bike is the easiest way to get the job done.

The White Brothers catalog says the 510 mm springs fit a 2001 bike. The spacers are thin washers that wouldn't make up a 2 inch difference. Anyone else know what's going on here?

Who's the DRZ suspension expert?

They may be for an 01 bike but are they for an 01 S model? 00 and 01 s model springs are different.

The springs should be very close to actual stock length(like indentical) or they are Junk IMO. That's why I prefer OEM heavier spring, noo foo foo quality spring.