Sign in to follow this  

My first ride on a 250F (06)

Im not going to write a review, as they have already been done a week ago by several other TT members. Im just going to throw out some thoughts...

Im coming off an '02 YZ426....

I cant believe how fun this bike is to ride. It feels so small under me compared to the 426. It feels like a play bike in comparison. The suspension is awesome and I have 2x the cornering confidence now.

I miss the power of the big bore... :banghead::banghead:

I doesn't have near the roll on power that the 426 had. I guess thats to be expected. With this bike, you have to be in the right gear. You can't "power out" of a bad situation like you could with the 426.

I think that Im actually faster on this bike. Its a good testament that speed is acheived with handling and suspension, not motor.

I love this bike!

Sweet, Good luck with the new bike. How much do you weigh. I am going to get one and I weigh 230. Thanks Mark

i am thinking about getting one too. It seems alot lighter than my 04 WR250F

Sweet, Good luck with the new bike. How much do you weigh. I am going to get one and I weigh 230. Thanks Mark

Im 5'7" - 155 lbs.

Not really.....

Its hard for a beginner rider my size to man handle a 426. That bike pretty much rode me instead of the other way around. :banghead: :banghead: