Sign in to follow this  

Of all times for a fork seal to leak.....

I finally got up the nerve to try a local race thats coming up on Oct 30. I was at the track this last Saturday with some friends, my family, my trusty 99 YZF 400 and we were having a great time. Just put a new set of sprockets and chain and a new set of tires and wanted to try them out. The bike was running great. I went up one tooth on the rear sprocket from the stock 49T to a 50T hoping for a little more low end torque and I got what I asked for with that. :banghead: I was hoping for a little more traction in the corners and I got it from the new tires.🤣 Then my last lap of practice around the track the bike felt squirrelly. I stopped and go figure, my brand new tire back tire is flat. no big deal I was tired anyways so I loaded the bike in the trailer and as I was hooking up the straps, my left fork decided that this was the best place to drain. :banghead: I'm hoping to get the seals fixed by Sundays race but I sure hate to take the 3 or 4 practice laps on new seals and then go all out. Is there a "break in" period to get everything set or is it just replace, refill and hold on?

yeah sorry for the bad luck but there should be no break in period for the seals, just make sure everything goes back real clean