Sign in to follow this  

Lovin' the new DRZ!! A rack, tho?

Anybody got an extra rack laying around they wanna part with? I haven't really got to shop around too much. As I can tell on this forum, ya'll know your stuff and I'm glad I found this website. I'm gonna have tons of dumb questions. Just got my DRZ-400S a few months ago. I've put over 900 miles on her so far. Besides the seat, I've no complaints. I'm definitely not a motorcycle-know-it-all, but I REALLY like this thing. It's more fun in the dirt than on the road, so , I know that's good. I need a place to bungee my valuables. You know, like, my camping gear and dog and stuff....... Suggestions or ideas???? BRING EM ON!!!

look in the back of dirt bike or dirtrider magazine.I know iv'e seen an ad there for racks.

I got mine from TomSlick here on this site, don't know if he's making them anymore, but a Great rack ! :banghead:

I also got mine from TomSlick. He's got a nice rack. (that didn't sound right did it?) :banghead:

Hey Wolf. How'd ya get those bags to stay put?

Dan

the staps for the saddle bags and the front one for the tank bag are routed under the seat. The rear strap is a small loop that pulls tight over the fender.

the the 2 D loops on the back of the saddle bags are tied in place to the frame with Poly cord to keep them from bounceing.

Hey Wolf. Where'd you get those mirrors? I've never seen those before. That's a beautiful idea... My stupid aftermarket ones don't stay adjusted for nothing. (the stockers were missing when I bought it) Lemme know... I'm an drenaline junkie, but getting the piss scared outta me by a truck passing me that I didn't know was there isn't my idea of fun, exactly.

Thanks Wolf. I just ordered some mirrors from DayStar. They look great, and like they'll hang on for a while. I really liked the inginuity (spelled??) of the "railroaders" but I'd rather fork the few extra bucks to get the real dealio.I really like that idea.... HHmmm.... Maybe I could figure something out.... :banghead:

Take a look at AZmotorsports under off road accesories then to the DRZ400,and OEM accy. they have a rack that moves the tool kit down to the side and has a low profile rack its around 92.00 complete

Mike Bruns