Sign in to follow this  

Attn : bronco and 10guy..... CDI thoughts......

Hey Bronco / 10guy it seems that pretty much every PROCOM CDI works in your bikes correct? Every one I have gotten and many others have gotten has been a dud in our bikes..... I was just thinking....

Do you guys have a TPS hooked up? Just a thought. Because I am using an OEM E carb and have a TPS hooked up. And my CDIs were dead in both my S and KLX400R.

Just wondering if you guys had carbs with no TPS??? :banghead: Thought I should run it by you.

Hey Bronco / 10guy it seems that pretty much every PROCOM CDI works in your bikes correct?

In my bike I was able to get every one I could get my hands on to run, I don't think bronco got his bike broken in to the point he tried them before he left. He has them all now. They are the two he was sent and the three that redrodent sent me. One thing I should mention is that I had to work at it to get them to work, the battery needed to be in top shape to start the bike when it was cold, after being started once they, the test cdi's, were all easier to start. My bike also likes to start and run, it is an "easy starter". Some engines are just harder to start then others and this one is not one of those.

Do you guys have a TPS hooked up?

I do in my bike

Getting them to run with all the variables tweaked to 100% is the same as them not running at all in my book. A CDI that won't start the bike whenever,whereever,however is a CDI that I'm gonna leave on the coffee table for an ashtray (if I smoked!)... I hope Procom really does follow thru and fix this. Jennifer said they were using a local dealership to test the CDI's now and were not having any better luck there... That was cool to hear, because I felt like the TTr testers were becoming questioned... Especially since 10guy had reported getting the bad CDI's to work. Stay tuned, this is one of TT's longest running sagas so far! :banghead: Andrew

I never left the staging area without my stock e cdi in my camelbak, that is how much I trusted the test units. But I only had to switch one out once and that was on a family ride where I stopped my bike dozens of times and restarted it all the while never getting the revs up when it was running.

And I was never questioning anyone that they couldn't get them to work on their bikes, I just reported that I could get the one's that bronco received to work and so redrodent sent his test units my way to see if they would also work on my bike, which they did. Since I was pretty much through testing them I sent them down the road with bronco when he left. Not sure if he has done anything with them yet. As of right now I am using my stock cdi, I have a procom made yosh labled 11k box but it cuts out early according to a dyno so I don't want to chance getting stuck out in the middle of nowhere by myself with a dead bike because of a bad cdi.

I have 2 orig Yosh units now, I am glad I dont have to worry about it anymore..... I was begining to lose hope. But I am still interested in seeing the saga come to an end. I almost wish I never posted a link to parts411.com. Think of all the trouble this has caused in the DRZ TT community. I guess someone would have found them sooner or later. :banghead:

I dont want to go too off topic here but I think no one should buy the Procom units because they are made in China? Correct? No offense intended. But that speaks for itself..... crap quality generally. + other reasons..... :banghead:

Two? You :banghead: ! I have one too now. I am of the opinion that ProCom extended the olive branch, so helping is good entertainment. It just perplexing... this has been so difficult for them.