Sign in to follow this  

Pro Tapers Contour and EMGO handguards...won't bolt up

So I mounted the Pro Taper Contour bars. They go from a 1-1/8 bar at the mounting point and contour into a 7/8 bar at the controls. I went to mount the EMGO handguards and what do you know...they sure don't fit. The mounts are made for 7/8 bars. The point where the handguard would mount is in the contoured section of the bar where it is somewhere between 1-1/8 and 7/8.

Question 1) Does anyone have this setup and has made it work? Are there other mounts that I can get for the EMGO's? I was told that they would fit, sooo....

Question 2) What is another handguard (preferably not Cycra or Acerbis) that WILL fit for sure and has the aluminum guard in case I cannot get the EMGO's to work.

Thanks kids.

Moose makes a set that fit their fat bars. I would imagine they would fit your pro tappers sence all the fat bars have a similar tapper to them.

You might need to get a set for 7/8s bars that the inner mount mounts to the triple clamp. They are supposed to be better as they won't twist on the bar. I use Emgo guards but have straight 7/8s Renthal bars.