Sign in to follow this  

bar mount gps ???

I have a Magellan Sportrac pro with the Magellan bar mount on my DRZ. Had to add a extra rubber bushing to get the bar mount to clamp snug on the crossbar but it works good. My front headlight took on a tree and lost this past spring :banghead: . My Trailtech speedo was never seen again but the GPS was unscathed. Looks like it would clamp on the TE250 crossbar just fine.

does anyone know of a bar mount gps for off road that would fit my husky ...

Any Garmin (most popular to exchange tracks) and a Ram mount.

See Cycoactive.com (they are motorcycle riders)

I run one on the bars of TE 450. I use a RAM mount and fashioned my own back and mount to with a couple indicator rubbers from an late '80's era XR, takes most of the vibes away, works a treat.

I connect to the battery, via a fused transformer (3v) for my Magellan Meridian.

Touratech also sell various mounts.

called cyco active this morning . they are shipping me the whole deal . g.p.s - mount . etc . i probably paid a little more but these guys definetly know there schnizz . ill have it by friday .. ill let you know how it is ..... :banghead:

mine keeps turning of because of vibration....same Rhino and same mount. Any ideas?

Had that happen too. You need to shock proof it by using dielectic grease between battery and contacts. You can also fill the plastic cavities that hold the batteries...(after it sets overnight you can take out the batteries and it leaves a flexible mold for them to seat in.) And you can even split a cigarette lighter style plug and fill with clear silicone. All those parts are super delicate. The wire coils on any electric part will break from vibration if this isn't done. Even with this system, you will go through some trials before everything stays on. As you've found out, even a milisecond of power loss to the GPS makes it go off.

I would say after doing this that my GPS works about 80% of the time with out going off.

This is the best Gps for a bike. I have had one for over a year with no problem's. I think every one I know has made the switch. Very easy to Velcro to cross bar without any vibration problems. Good luck to bad It sounds like you all ready order one.

p-9-2.html

Use clear silicone sealant like you would for bathroom fixtures for the battery compartment. I use Permatex ultra black gasket maker from the autoparts store to add some vibration softening to the area where the GPS body touches the RAM mount. Just squirt a little bead and let that set up overnight too. Then put the GPS into it again and it forms a really tight but removable fit. Don't use the adhesive type anything. Just sealer or gasket maker. That way if you don't like it it will just peel up in one glob.

Practice on something you don't need first! Its easier than it sounds.