Sign in to follow this  

Helmet Cam input please

Looking to purchase a Helmet Cam. Can anyone tell me which one to buy??

Thanks John :banghead:

pick up the new copy of dirt rider or dirt bike.they had a test on several.

Helmetcamera.com(not helmetcam.com) camera is awesome. I just finished watching the video of our ride from yesteday that my brother took. Kicks ass. For some reason Dirt Rider didnt include it in their article, I thought that was gay. It is cheaper than most of the cams listed in that article too. I am going to get one for myself. Check them out, I bet youll be glad you did. PS., Stay away from Bullet cam if their even still in business. My bro had a miserable experience with those idiots.

That looks like a good place to get a helmet cam but what about a cam corder to hook it up too? Where can I get one of those for a good price?

Excellent tip Black n Blue Thumper...............hope your ride was awesome :banghead:

Thanks John

I had two helmet cameras. The first I bought from Helmetcameras.com and it was pretty good but the resolution was grainy. I wanted more so I did the research for you. The best available has 480 lines and uses a 1/3" Sony Super HAD Ex View chip. Just search around for the best price.

I bought one on ebay for $139 and took some great video. The video is as clear as some of the stuff you see on espn. The only clip I have on line right now has been slowed down and it effected how it looks. Still not bad but not as good as most of my other stuff.

look over

You will need to address the sound with a separate mic. The sound was so bad on the first camera that I didn't look for a second camera with onboard sound.

--KT--

Thanks MXKYLE..............was the second one you bought still from helmetcameras.com?????

Thanks John :banghead:

Excellent guys...........thanks so much for your help............CHEERS

IF YA AINT BURNIN FUEL YA AINT HAVIN FUN.........LOL :banghead:

Kev XR, how do you get the helmetcamera FAQ's in the video forum??? I'm also lookin at getting a helmet cam so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible, but I can't find that FAQ that you're talking about....thanks