Sign in to follow this  

Should i?

I have a 02 wr426.. stock for the most part... just have the throttle stop mod... airbox removed and baffle out... I moved from Cali.. sea-level and didnt change anything when i rode out there ran perfect from da factory... But now im in vegas and will ride dumont which both are in the 2000-2500 neighborhood... am wondering should i fatten things up... Its currently at 165mj 42pilot and 62 is the other short lil funny one in there... and i havent touched the fuel screw yet.. IM going to assume that the pilot is the long skinny one with the holes in the side of it.. I wont know if my idle problem is cured until i put the carb back on.. i took it off to clean it out... blow out all the passages and what not... so we will see... when i had it on it was runnign real lean... popping and sputtering and wouldnt idle it would just slowly die... so im hoping the clean carb will cure that but now that im at this new elevation would it be wise to go UP a bit?

I'm No Expert But I Think The Higher You Go,The Smaller The Jets Should Be In General,So I Think You Should Go Down A Little.

I'd Say Some Thing Like 162 Main And 40 Pilot With The Clip Moved Up 1/2 Places.....But Its Best To Wait For Someone Who Knows What There Talking About.

being a pilot i tend to find myself richening the mixture the higher i go so i figure the same would be applicable w/ a bike as well..

Dont Know Then,But I Though Sea-Level You Could Run,Say 175 Main,But At Near 8000' You'd Be At 165 For The Same Results??? :banghead:

But I've Been Leaning Off My Bike To Get More Power Out Of It,Will Be Going Down Further When I've Done More Moding. :banghead:

hmmm... i dunno i just ride the effin thing mang.. it could be alot diffrent than what im used too.. lol

The higher up you go, the less air there is, so you'd need to lessen the fuel as well to get the same fuel/air ratios at altitude.

I cant figure this crap out...

I can get it running... with the choke on and it has those little pops here and there like it always has...

as soon as i take the choke off... it will not idle it will just slowly die... If i crack the throttle to keep it running it will die... if i manage to get the throttle to the point of where it will continue running it gets all pisssed off backfiring and such.. any help...

I pulled the carb off cleaned all the jets out.. but i didnt pull the fuel air screw and clean under there or that passageway... i forgot like a bone head... is there anything else i can do or check or clean or try something... i only have tonight till dumont and i wanna go riding reallllllllllllly... bad..

Check Your Valve Clearances,Exhaust And Intake Joints,Sound Like An Air Leak Or Tight Clearances To Me If It Runs With Choke On.

I Work On Cars For A Living And Learning My Way With Bikes As I Go.

Fixed... fuel/air screw passage was gummed up..