Sign in to follow this  

how reliable? yz250f

how reliable is the new 250f's becuase mystep dad says that there really easy to blow up and if u do blow it up it will cost around $3000

I would not say they are easy to blow up, as long as you maintain it well. If you keep the oil changed and the filter clean they are very reliable. They do demand maintenance though, and they are expensive to fix in a big failure. However, $3,000.00 break downs are few and far between if you keep the maintenance up. I have an )@ and an 05 and have never had an expensive break down.

That said, it's true that blowing a top end on a 250F is a lot more costly than doing so on a two stroke.

I always get the extended service contract for 3 years. If I have the records of oil changes they pay to fix it. If it does not let loose and I sell the bike it is transferable. Thanks Mark

I have 02 and it clapped out this summer 1000 to fix...... but hey just ride it low in the power run a good oil and change it often and that wont be you....sadly im the second owner and i got stuck with the results of crappy mant.

do the maintanence and the bike will take all abuse you can throw at it, mines been flipped over, run off the rev limiter constantly and it still runs perfect, unlike those damn hondas :banghead:

oh and let your stepdad know that the bikes have bucket& shim for valve adjustment which allows them to be revved out

Just keep on your maint and you wont have a $3,000 bill, i have had a 02 and 05 with no issues what so ever

Well, I've heard that the oil temps are up on the 06 since the oil doesn't get the cool airflow like it did with the steel frame with the oil sump. Don't know how big it will be in terms of reliability, but since the design is so good with the 3 intakes it shouldn't really be a problem.