Sign in to follow this  

is this a good carb to adapt to my drz?

i'm sure burned would know,but i would think ya.i'm stuck with my fcrmx so i'm going to have clearence isuses.from what i've been reading ltz stuff works with drz stuff(not all stuff)but i would think the carb would be alright.

I hope you got the carb. I was interested in this carb, and asked about it in my post last night, with about 14 hours left in the auction, but not a single person answered my post, so I didn't bid. :banghead:

yes,thats the correct style.

Which ones are not correct?

What does one look for?

TIA

Which ones are not correct?

What does one look for?

TIA

it seems everybody is doing this.first i would do a search,you will find the answer.look for a 98,99,00,01,02 yzf carb or ktm they work the best.i guess any 39mmfcr would work but the new style(fcrmx)has a couple of clearence isuses but can be rectified.good luck :banghead:

I had that carb in my watch list...almost bid on it but I wasn't sure about the fitment either. It's all so confusing to me with the seemingly endless FCR39 styles

No kidding - I've got a FCR MX of a THIRD type that is a half-inch too short between the intake and airbox. It will work with the standard S throttle cables but you have to relocate the idle adjustment and several other things.

It's pretty tough to confirm if you have the right carb unless you have it in your hands which means you already bought it and are stuck w/it.

The Sudco kits are easier I hear but also cost at least $200 more to make happen.

I'm honestly tired of trying to make it happen - I'll order a edlebrock and be done w/it. At least I can expect the one they ship me to fit and I've got real tech support from them.

98-00 yzf's.

Burned , What exactly is differant about the intake (velocity stack?) on the '98-'00 YZF carbs that require you to change them or is it even necessary with those carbs. I only ask cause when I swapped my '98 YZF fcr into my S I noticed the intake was the exact same size and shape as the intake that is suggested on DRZ.info. ....the only differance I saw was the stock YZF didn't have the brass nipple that I ended up not needing anyhow.

ive tried to tell you guys over and over to get the old style fcr's.much less headaches.

I've read that over and over but how am I to know the difference between the "old style" and the new style? :banghead:

Burned , What exactly is differant about the intake (velocity stack?) on the '98-'00 YZF carbs that require you to change them or is it even necessary with those carbs. I only ask cause when I swapped my '98 YZF fcr into my S I noticed the intake was the exact same size and shape as the intake that is suggested on DRZ.info. ....the only differance I saw was the stock YZF didn't have the brass nipple that I ended up not needing anyhow.

just depends on the bike it came from.some of them have the right diameter to begin with as you have found.

I've read that over and over but how am I to know the difference between the "old style" and the new style? :banghead:

the original fcr has an external accelerator pump rod.

the original fcr has an external accelerator pump rod.

Easy enough, thanks :banghead:

98-00 yzf's.

thanks burned,

Wanted to know what to keep an eye out for.