New Sprocket...

Hey I gave the XR a beating over the weekend and lazily never checked how bad the sprockets had been getting ( chain at right tension ((2 fingers))) and so coming out of a berm ehh about 3rd gear pinned chain pops off and gets caught the worst i've seen in the front sprocket, so I took the left case off and had a hassle un-bundling the chain and found both sprockets to be bent forward, skinny, and on the front sprocket, one tooth was chipped off.

I was wondering what type of sprocket to get...a friend told me to just go with the stock and get a new chain, but I was wondering if Iron Man makes a sprocket for an XR100, or if I should just go with a Renthal sprocket and chain...what do ya'll think?

(sorry for the long post)

Don't buy Renthal or any other aluminum sprocket. They're junk and a huge waste of money. I'm sure JT makes a steel sprocket for your bike as do others. Guys who have been riding for a long time and are sick of parts that fail or wear out in a week know that a steel sprocket and an o-ring chain are what you put on a bike. Posers who think 5 grams will shave three minutes off their lap times buy aluminum sprockets and non-o-ring chains.

yea sry im not a pro and i dont get free sprockets, i wear those aluminum ones out monthly and they are pricy. have u guys heard of the tri metal ones where they give u a lifetime warranty, they make chains. but steel is the way to.

Just installed one on my KTM. Feels as light as aluminum. Looks pimp too.

I use the Sunstar steel sprockets. They seem to last a long time with my DID O ring chain. They are decently priced and durable. I don't like Aluminum sprockets. As others have stated, they wear out too quickly. Like the extra weight in a steel vs. aluminum sprocket makes a difference!! Just eat lunch after you ride..

I bought it off the sidewinder website. There's a package deal for the chain and both sprockets. It was @ $300.00. It sounds like a lot, but a good o-ring chain of another brand can be up to $150.00 and sprockets are around $100.00 for both and they don't have a warranty like sidewinder does.

Check 'em out:

www.sidewindersprockets.com/

Sorry 00yzryder,

When I ordered mine they had a page that gave the combo prices. Apparently, they thought that was a bad idea. I just checked and it wasn't there anymore. Now they want you to call them for prices.