Sign in to follow this  

No Toil For 450x

Anyone run a no toil filter for the 450x?? The filter i bought was for the 02- 450r and it seems to fit well enough. Anyone have a problem fiding the right filter

I'm also curious how these No Toil filters work, how they clean up and oil, and how they work when dirty or in water/streams. I like many other received their promo DVD and am curious if they're really that much easier to clean. I'm not planning on tossing 'em in the washing machine (with my present wife) but it all sounds pretty good ... is it?

The No Toil setup is very nice but safe yourself alot of money and buy Oxy Clean, it's the exact same cleaner as the No Toil cleaner.

No Toil is the greatest!, so easy to clean the filters. I'd never go back to other oils where you need to use kerosene and shit. I agree with briansgi, you dont really need there cleaner,i never tried Oxy clean but im sure it would work,i always pressure wash my bikes at my garage and then spray them with purple cleaner from wal mart and rinse them off, this same cleaner works awesome on cleaning the No Toil filters, i pour it on and and dip em in a bucket filled with water and keep squeezing em out till there clean. This take 2-3 minutes, rinse them off, let em dry and there complete.

Amsoil also make a filter oil similar to No Toil now, i've tried it once but it seems to be a little harder to clean the filters out. Still better then using smelly kerosene

Here is a link to the Amsoil filter oil...

Filter Oil, amsoil also has a filter cleaner... Filter cleaner

How tacky is the amsoil filter oil as compared to the No Toil? I went through a jug of No Toil but never thought it was very Tacky... I used to use UNI but it was a pain to clean...

The Amsoil is about the same as the No Toil tackiness wise, neither are like the old pro honda & some of the others where they were like snot wads of goo between your filter and hand when you pulled your hand off the filter after working the oil in.

The No Toil has that rubbing alcohol smell to it at first,the Amsoil doesnt.The Amsoil was a little harder to clean the filter out though. Either way its better then using smelly ass kerosene!