Sign in to follow this  

05, No Power, Please Help

I have on 05 kxf 250, It has lost a lot of power since I bought it in June. I know this because about a month ago a could peel out in second gear no prob in my drive way, now it bogs hard core. There is also steam coming out the big black tube that comes out of the engine(not the exhaust) what does this mean, how can I fix it. Also how small do you let you knobbys on your tire before you replace them, and what should I replace them with.

Oh and it does have topend power just no bottom.

I have on 05 kxf 250, It has lost a lot of power since I bought it in June. I know this because about a month ago a could peel out in second gear no prob in my drive way, now it bogs hard core. There is also steam coming out the big black tube that comes out of the engine(not the exhaust) what does this mean, how can I fix it. Also how small do you let you knobbys on your tire before you replace them, and what should I replace them with.

:banghead:

It could be alot of things : spark plug, idle mixture, jetting, clutch slipping. Some guys replace the tires when the knobs are no longer sharp (rounded off) nice to do if you have the money.

Ill check the clutch tomorrow, now that you bring up the clutch it dousnt have any free play.

sounds like you just burnt the clutch up along with your tires in your driveway "peeling out"

I only peel out every once in a while. Usaully to tell if its warmed up, why do you think a burnt my clutch up, seems to work.

I doubt that particular problem is clutch related. As failed clutch would slip causing high revs and less forward motion.

Weipper......Are you wicking the throttle wide open and dumping the clutch on your launch or are you rolling on the throttle and easing the clutch out?

It sounds like like you have no power under load as compared to no bottom end.

I'd check your compression and make sure your carb and air filter is clean.

As far as the steam comming out of the crank vent....... when does it happen.?? All the time??

Let up know what you find.

Joe

Oh no... Another 15yr old kid playing with something he knows nothing about... Doing burnouts on his driveway... :banghead: Dude there's nothing wrong with steam coming out of the breather just carry on with what your doing, Just keep doing those burnouts it'll keep the tyres warm for great starts at your local track..... You'll be the holeshot king :banghead:

ok heres the latest, I ran some fuel system cleaner through it just in case the jets where clogged, didnt help. I changed the oil, it did stop the steam from coming out of the vent but didnt effect the power. I tapped the bottom of carb to try and nock loose the float, it wasnt that. I also adjusted the clutch and it was a lil tight but not much, it didnt help.

When I crack the throttle open fast it just dies and thats when moving at an idle pace.

When I roll it open is when it boggs.

Its actually geting dangerous to go over jumps becuase if its not wide open at high rpm itll just bogg out and shoot me over the bars.

Im clueless please help.

Oh and you can tell there is something wrong with the bottem end when you rev it in neutral, its just not the same.

Oh no... Another 15yr old kid playing with something he knows nothing about... Doing burnouts on his driveway... :banghead: Dude there's nothing wrong with steam coming out of the breather just carry on with what your doing, Just keep doing those burnouts it'll keep the tyres warm for great starts at your local track..... You'll be the holeshot king :banghead:

WORD...

First of all, if the pilot jet was clogged you might not be able to clean it out with carb cleaner :banghead: The jets have to be taken out to use compressed air and/or a piece of wire. I have cleaned out some that are solid inside and had to be chipped at with a strand of wire to break it up.Did you recheck timing? chain jump, cam gear rotote, . Also might want to check fuel supply from petcock through hose, possible blockage? Make tank is venting, have seen those fancy check valves/breathers stop up. K eep hunting........dont give up.

I took my carb of and blew in it with an air compressor. I couldn't clean the jets directly because I couldn't get the cover off. Those screws are in there tight as hell! An ideas on getting them out. Also is there a way to get the carb off completely(no hot start cable). Other that that it seemed to run a lil better(I think).

You need to loosen both clamps at carb boots and GENTLY rotate so bowl is sticking out. Dont push on the breather tubes on side of carb as they break easy :banghead: .The carb wont rotate even 1/ :banghead: 4 turn, dont force it. You only need enough room to get the 4 bowl screws out.Use a name brand (snap-on) #2 phillips to get screws out.Cheap tools will do more harm than good. If you cant get the screws out you could go through the bowl nut.Use a 17mm wrench to get the bowl screw out. try not to spill the contents of the nut so you can evaluate the fuel.Y ou will be able to see dirt/water.Now if you remove the main jet and tube to check them. look and see if you can also get to the pilot jet and remove .If you can hold the jets up to light or sun to try to liik through. Are you confident you know whats-what inside?

where is this bowl nut, and I have been in there before, Ill very confitdent.

Sounds like a fuel problem to me.. I think you may have clogged the f out of the carb and now you aint getting enough gas..

thats what it feels like to me. I just cant get the carb apart. Ive always had a prob with taking apart carbs. I hate them.

The bowl nut is underneath the carb(when its in its normal position).use a wrench and take it off. Also did you pull the fuel line off the carb and turn the petcock on to check fuel supply? Is this bike jetted stock also? May have to rejet even after fixed.