Sign in to follow this  

Theft at Budds Creek

:banghead: Well the thieving bastards from southern maryland have done it again! This weekend was the MD STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS on sat/sun. On sun afternoon an announcement was made that a 06 suzuki rm ? was taken off a trailer and ridden away! Waldorf has had many hotel thefts including bikes, trucks and trailers. Now its the track........people dont leave your bike unattended for a minute, trust no one.Bikes have been taken at other tracks in the past also.Lock them up to something of possible. See Budds website for past info. :banghead:

thats straight up ballsy....damn shame when you cant even leave your bike alone in your pit without worrying about some crook jackin it! i ever catch someone trying to steal mine or my friends bikes...the autopsy will take days counting the holes i put in them!

That is an awesome track---I haven't done the Blue and Gray race in a few years but want to go back again sometime. It is really a shame that some duma$$ has to ruin a good time by stealing your stuff!! Guess when I go back to race I will have a lock for everything.

i cant believe someone could steal a dirt bike from a track...at blue diamond when we leave or go somehwere for a half hour or so we leave the bikes up against the fense with the cooler. i had never once thought about someone taking it. i just always trusted guys on dirt bikes. <guys on the track> <fellow racers> im not talking about urban dirt bikers. or people who steal them out of garages, cause i know thats a big problem

This unfortunately is nothing new. In 1986 I had just picked-up my new 87 CR500 and headed down to race at Aquasco, MD. Aquasco was the premier track in District 7 then. Budds Creek didn't draw half the riders Aquasco did. Anyway, I was asleep in my RV with my new pride and joy on my trailer. About 3am I feel the RV rock as several A!!holes are stealing my bike. :banghead: It's in the fall and pretty chilly but I run out chasing these guys in my underware only. I chase them in pitch black down the main driveway to the track. I hear their truck fire up and they race off. I know they didn't have time to load it up since I was only about 50 feet behind them. So I'm slowing walking back to my pits looking for my bike. I get back to my trailer and there she is on the ground, they dropped her and ran. Needless to say I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. At the riders meeting I was telling this story to several people who heard me shouting and was told several bikes where stolen the week before. I guess we have to watch out for each other at the tracks or lock them up in the pits.

This unfortunately is nothing new. In 1986 I had just picked-up my new 87 CR500 and headed down to race at Aquasco, MD. Aquasco was the premier track in District 7 then. Budds Creek didn't draw half the riders Aquasco did. Anyway, I was asleep in my RV with my new pride and joy on my trailer. About 3am I feel the RV rock as several A!!holes are stealing my bike. :banghead: It's in the fall and pretty chilly but I run out chasing these guys in my underware only. I chase them in pitch black down the main driveway to the track. I hear their truck fire up and they race off. I know they didn't have time to load it up since I was only about 50 feet behind them. So I'm slowing walking back to my pits looking for my bike. I get back to my trailer and there she is on the ground, they dropped her and ran. Needless to say I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. At the riders meeting I was telling this story to several people who heard me shouting and was told several bikes where stolen the week before. I guess we have to watch out for each other at the tracks or lock them up in the pits.

i had no idea that was going on. really blows my mind this kind of thing could happen, why would people do that? anyway, i know they make alot of good things for street bikes to keep them safe in parking lots and other places when your not by the bikes side. maybe ill get a few of these and see which works the best, and see what gives me the most peace of mind. i truly never thought about it until now :banghead:

My uncle sold a 2003 kx125 to a student at Auburn that races. This guy was trying it out and getting it set up for him. That weekend, he and his roomate went racing. They left the kx, a ktm525, and a bunch of parts, gear, ect... locked up in the "closet" that was right out of their garage at their house. Came back Sunday evening, the closet door was open, and his 3-day-old kx125 and his buddies '04ktm 525 was gone, along with most of the valuable things in the closet. I couldn't believe it. :banghead: people these days... :banghead:

My uncle sold a 2003 kx125 to a student at Auburn that races. This guy was trying it out and getting it set up for him. That weekend, he and his roomate went racing. They left the kx, a ktm525, and a bunch of parts, gear, ect... locked up in the "closet" that was right out of their garage at their house. Came back Sunday evening, the closet door was open, and his 3-day-old kx125 and his buddies '04ktm 525 was gone, along with most of the valuable things in the closet. I couldn't believe it. :banghead: people these days... :banghead:

That is very odd and sad

Budds had 400+ riders saturday and 500+ sunday. The gates opened friday morning for campers.Unless the gate people are working, the rir-raf just walk in. We saw a bunch of curious eyes on friday walking around the track.The "pro pits" are set up in a fenced in area that goes from where the track meets the pit road to all the way to driveway at street.Normally you drive straight in up to the barn but sun. was also a harescramble. the normal entrance was blocked for the h/s so you had to go in an open gate at the rear of the pro pits.(by the street) So who ever was parked at the entrance was out in the open. Now at the price of racing these days, you would think the tracks could have better security precautions. Lets go back to the way of the wild west....if EVERYONE carried a firearm, a person might think twice before being a jackass. :banghead::banghead:

Budds had 400+ riders saturday and 500+ sunday. The gates opened friday morning for campers.Unless the gate people are working, the rir-raf just walk in. We saw a bunch of curious eyes on friday walking around the track.The "pro pits" are set up in a fenced in area that goes from where the track meets the pit road to all the way to driveway at street.Normally you drive straight in up to the barn but sun. was also a harescramble. the normal entrance was blocked for the h/s so you had to go in an open gate at the rear of the pro pits.(by the street) So who ever was parked at the entrance was out in the open. Now at the price of racing these days, you would think the tracks could have better security precautions. Lets go back to the way of the wild west....if EVERYONE carried a firearm, a person might think twice before being a jackass. :banghead::banghead:

haha i like that idea of the old west myeslf! guns for everyone, but im afraid i would walk up to someone to borrow a rachet and be shot!🤣 haha i dunno, still like the idea

I know it isnt the same track but i know someone who had a yz250f jack from there truck at walden in ny they got the bike on their truck he chased them down the road and the bike fell off..

my god...it fell off? i would have been throwing up in between gunshots....lol....see'in your bike fall outta the truck...just terrible!....did he catch'm?

For as much theft that goes on... you would figure authorities would start setting up some stings. It just FU#@ED UP that these jerks get away with it 99% of the time, scott free!

this didn't happen at Budd's Creek, but.... my buddy was coming home from a hare scramble and was parked at a Wawa on the way home, his son was sleeping in the truck while he went in to get coffee. When he came out, someone lifted his sons KTM 65 off the back of the bike hauler. Gone, no trace.....

I liove 5 miles from Budds Creek and I can assure you that the theft problem is not confined to the track. There are reports of stolen bikes / 4 wheelers in the paper on a weekly basis. I had my sons PW80 stolen out of our garage several years ago. Luckily we know just about everyone in the County and managed to locate it. The kid who stole it is from a wealthy family in the County and the cops said they couldn't do anything about it since his story was that he bought it from some kid he met at one of the impromtu riding areas. I did get it back though and when the little bastard turns 18 (next year) I'll be able to kick his ass without going to jail for stomping on a minor.

I roadrace and we don't have these problems at VIR or Summit Point. Some of the guys even leave their bikes at the track while they stay at the motels in town.