Making the R offroad friendly

massive flywheel. dont drop gearing too much - you really dont want an explosive hit for offroad riding I reckon.

I use mine on the farm to ride from paddock to paddock and run 14/48 which is perfect. Plus I have 18in wheel, big tank and lights fitted.

finding neutral at the farm gates gets difficult but the thing fires up so easy no problem

CRF450R great fram bike!!!! (Honda must shake in their boots when they see the applications 450R get used for.

Ditto on the extra flywheel weight... Mine now has a TrailTech... Best investment in minimizing slow speed stalling and it smooths out the power delivery for better traction in slippery conditions off-road. Add some extra engine protection (skid plate, case guards, radiator braces) And if you are going to be going slow a lot, you might want to think about a coolant catch tank for boil over and a pair of small electric fans to keep air moving through the radiators. Last part is adding a USFS approved spark arrestor - either a slip on muffler with one standard, or one of the billet jobs that you can add to a stock CRF muffler.

Should have bought an X model if all you were going to was offroad. the R is a top level MOTOCROSS bike.

wanker why dont you go and play on the hwy with your X under a semi trailer!!!

perhaps it's time for your prozac or something???

some of your replies here are less than pathetic.

I'm glad I dont live anywhere near you and your shop -with an attitude like yours I can tell what sort of customer service I might endure!!!

massive flywheel. dont drop gearing too much - you really dont want an explosive hit for offroad riding I reckon.

I use mine on the farm to ride from paddock to paddock and run 14/48 which is perfect. Plus I have 18in wheel, big tank and lights fitted.

finding neutral at the farm gates gets difficult but the thing fires up so easy no problem

CRF450R great fram bike!!!! (Honda must shake in their boots when they see the applications 450R get used for.

you should have gotten the x, E-start

love the idea though with the farm

Most of these guys modded the R before the X was even released.

True. I started modifying my 05 450R with spark arrestor, TrailTech Flywheel, skidplate and radiator guards. I was working on spending lots more money on suspension, a quiet pipe, a kickstand, wide ratio tranny, a lighting kit, etc.

Then the X came out, and when I figured how much I had left to do to the R to make it trailworthy, I just traded in on the X.

Now all I have to do is get the motor to run like the R and I will be set...