Sign in to follow this  

RC shows me how fast he really is.

Everyone knows RC is off the hook, but this is just ridiculous. I read in Dirt Rider that the radar gun clocked Ricky blitzing the whoops at Millville doing 44 mph! :banghead: That's just sick.

So that got me thinking, I wonder how does 44 mph compare to the rest of us mere mortals. So yesterday at the track I taped my GPS to my crossbar pad to find out. At my race pace, my best was 33 mph through the biggest whoops at my local track. So RC is doin 11 mph faster and on top of that I'm sure the whoops at Millville are nastier and longer than the ones I was hittin. Unreal. I felt like 33mph was pretty fast (for me). I can't imagine going 11 mph faster. It was just a real tangible comparison to see just how fast RC is.

I've only seen RC race once but it was clear that he kicks serious butt through the whoops. He would preload the suspension before the whoop section and just glide over them when everyone else (with the exception of a few) generally struggled through them like the rest of us mortals.

Even more amazing is his cornering speed. :banghead:

RC seems to always pull ahead each lap when the other riders appeared to be going just as fast. Then a few years ago at Washougal I spotted something on the upper left side of the track in the trees there was a small S turn. Every lap RC would turn left then he would blip the throttle then stab the brake before the right. I watched "EVERY" other rider, CR, KW, ML, everyone turn left, coast that split second, brake, turn right. RC was the only rider to give it a split second shock of speed in that little short section. All those little things he does adds up. :banghead:

i've never seen ricky outdoors but i've seen him in a few supercross' and the us open, he's awesome. i want to go to colorado next year

There is no joking or kidding when it comes to his speed, he is just fast, Cant wait for Budds again next yr

I've only seen RC race once but it was clear that he kicks serious butt through the whoops. He would preload the suspension before the whoop section and just glide over them when everyone else (with the exception of a few) generally struggled through them like the rest of us mortals.

wet dogs avatar is killing me! :banghead:

Watching him make up the 18 sec lead that bubba had on him at unadilla, then pass him (right before the crash) was probablly the most incredible riding I have ever seen live. Come to think of it, I have probablly seen RC race 10+ times, (Unadilla, Broome, indy and detroit supercross races) have yet to see him not win.

(G)reat (O)n (A)ll (T)racks

or

(G)ets (O)ff (A)t the (T)rack

:banghead::banghead:🤣:busted: RC #4