Sign in to follow this  

Couple of questions on S/SM Rear Fenders

For the purposes of buying replacement plastic, are the rear fenders on the S/SM the same as the E models. I'd like a new rear fender without the tool kit holes and without the scratches from removing those damn warning stickers. I know some of the plastic companies list fenders for the DRZ-E, but not for the S or SM, and I was wondering if they would work.

Also, for the purposes of buying a rear fender graphic decal, do the S/SM fenders have the same dimension as any model year RM rear fender? I know the latest RM fenders are not shaped the same, and have a notch on the sides. Can anyone help here?

Thanks

Doc

01 - 06 RM rear fenders have that "notch" that you mentioned and are slimmer than a DRZ. 99 - 00 RM rear fenders are straight like a DRZ but still much slimmer. So any fender graphics you purchase will fit on the DRZ rear fender.

had the same problem with the marks left by the toolkit mount ..and my attempts to remove the labels ( why do they put them there ? ) everything I tried to remove the marks failed , and I was upset my one day old bike was scarred ! ... but 800 miles and 4 months later , after only a few wet rides , and wash-offs , the finish on ALL of the plastics is dulled and marked ! I've been careful , but the original sheen soon fades . Are there any products that can restore the original gloss , usual stuff just don't help ! :banghead:

apart from that , my 05' DRZSM has really been fun , an FMF Q pipe and PB header , along with an airbox and jetting mod by my local tuner got me up to 37.38 hp / 28.8 ft-lbs , FMF gave 34.81/25.6 on otherwise stock UK bike, I couldn't be bothered with an all-stock run , I'll have to get the printout scanned-in , the mid-range gain is 4-5 hp between 6-7k after the airbox/jet mod , and PAIR valve removal , no DJ kit, he said he could do better , and it certainly feels good to me :banghead:

Can't wait for summer ... winter almost here in UK

Rob.