KX500 rear shock on a XR650R?

Can I use or adapt a rear shock from a KX500 on my XR? If so..any difference in building years?BTW.. it's an Ohlins that i can get.

I know alot of people had done the CR500 conversion but a KX500, haven't heard of someone doing it yet. I'd imagine it could be done... :banghead:

Yes, you can. It is about 5/8" longer. You have to use the shim/valve setup from your XR650R. CR500/KX500 shock body are the same. It's the newer duel stage (High/low) adjustment you are after on the Showa.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now