Sign in to follow this  

Butterfly Scrw and Dynojet

Hi,

I finally got my 91 DR650 carb cleaned and put together well enough to get the bike running. I put in the 150 main and the fuel screw from Jesse. Nothing in the kit mentions the screw setting for the screw that holds the butterfly open and adjusts the idle. If I back that all the way out, I can't get the bike to idle at all. If I run it in a little I can get it to idle real well when I adjust the fuel screw. Is that normal? How much is normal? Also, the bike takes off fine but once rolling it hesitates when I hit the throttle but then catches up and runs good from about 3000 to 6000. I lost the Dynojet instructions so I am unsure what to try to eliminate the stumble around 2000 RPM. I can live with it but I think it can be better.

Thanks,

Nathan

go with 160 main with airbox mod,needle set clip 4th notch from top and set the fuel mixture at 2.5 turns,,thats if your running stock pipe,,these settings work great for most people unless your way above sea level,,im in florida,we have no above sea level

after all this ,set idle just so it idles well

the butterfly screw is your idle speed adjustment. You want to set it at 1500 rpm, then adjust your mixture screw, then reset idle speed to 1500 if it changed. If the idle speed screw is open too far, you will be running on a richer progrwession hole in the carb body and adjustments and performance will be odd. The instructions recommend the 150 for your bike with stock exhaust if you have made no other changes to the bike. May want to try the 155dj and also if your carb has that filter that Vash mentioned in one of the threads i posted about the bst40 known problems, clean it, totally fixed my running problems and mine is only a 97. oh yeah, as posted above, from the top of the needle, out the clip in the 4th position down.