Sign in to follow this  

CRF 450x?s

I was just wondering for those who own the bike. How do you like it? Has it had any major problems (realabilty) and how does it compare to the wr in your opinion?

Thanks

-Matt

I love it. For my riding (50% woods racing, 40% trail riding, 10% motocross) it suits me perfectly. I have had no problems and have at least 1500 miles on it. My buddy has over 2500 miles on his and has had nothing go wrong with his either, the valves are still perfectly in spec. My dad has a DS kit on his X and the starter has gone bad. It's the only problem I have heard of locally with the 450X's.

Flawless here. I've yet to hear or read about ANY 450X valve problems.

I just hit 30 hrs. on mine, and they still need nothing. Doug

The only problem I have is when I'm done riding it takes several hours to get the big grin of my face. The bike has performed flawlessly. I spend half my riding time chugging behind my 8 yr old on his 50 but when its time to play with the big boys watch out.

Absolutely the best bike that I have owned. I have raced it in hare scrambles, enduros and motocross. There have been no problems with the bike.

have you guys ridden the WR 450? This is the other bike i am looking at. I was just wondering how it compares to the x

Two of my buddies that I ride with have the WR450(04 & 05). They are great bikes! Good suspension, turning, and smoother power delivery than the older YZ400/426. However, I would not give up my 450X for one. Why??? 1) useable power delivery 2) suspension (especially after FC revalve) 3) rider position. The bike does everything right. I am especially perplexed at the fact that one of my buddies just bought the new 06 WR450. He stated after riding my bike a month ago that it was the most comfortable bike he has ever jumped on and rode. In addition, this person is 240lbs 6'4" and an expert level rider. Imagine what the bike would feel like if it were tuned to his weight and riding style. This test ride of his was pre-FC maybe that would of sealed the deal? Long and short of it all is you can't go wrong with either bike but the Honda gets my vote.

• Like 1

I've had 1978 Suz 250TS (Yuck), 1989 RM 250, 1992 RM 250, 1994 WR 250 (2stroke), 2004 DRZ 400.

Hands down, this bike destroys them all. Mostly all woods / trail riding, fairly quick pace. Ergonomics on this bike are the best I have ever had. As you can tell, this is my first Honda, I'll never go back. I sat on one 6 months before I bought it, everything was in perfectly in place for me box stock. The bike has an awesome set up. Kept reading the magazines on how great it was, broke down and bought one.

Awesome!

If you get the X be sure and let your Yamaha riding friends take it for a ride! The look on there faces tells the whole story... Along with the "Holly crap!" they say when they come back. The Suzuki 450 is the same story to, feels like a tired old pony compared to a race horse!

• Like 1

So I think I want the X but i want the best price. Procycle is low. and International moto brokerage is 5,999$ +200 for shipping for a 2005. i was wondering if you guys bought it for or found a lower price?

• Like 1

I have the 2005 crf 450x and the only complaint that I have is that the battery in my bike seems to be too weak to start the bike on those cold frosty mornings so I have to resort to the ol kickstart until it warms up. other than that, I love the bike.

• Like 1

I have both and to tell the truth the crf is a bit more comfy and seems better built.I have both jetted n piped and in my opinion the yamaha is faster just as stable but not as comfy. I am impressed with the crf x as a first year bike it is a very good start. The yamaha has been around for a while so has a reputation for reliability the honda ...............we will have to wait n see. I have no bias against or for any manufacturer a great bike is a great bike.

The CRF x seems to turn easier than the yam and has treated me well in all applications .................you cant lose either way, enjoy your new 450 man! :banghead:

• Like 1

My friend brought this to my mind today (he races) that stepping up from a crf230f to a 450 might be too big of a jump. ive never ridden one but do you think its too big. Ive been riding for 3 years and am probably an advanced rider.

have you guys ridden the WR 450? This is the other bike i am looking at. I was just wondering how it compares to the x

The WR is a very good bike, but as far as handling is concerned, the CRFX is WAY better.