Sign in to follow this  

Helmets

Hey girls, I am in the market for a new helmet and have a prety small head. Right now I have a Vemar VRX3 in a size small, they run realy small in that model the VRX4 a small is too big. Anyways those helmets are realy hard to find in the US now. I have tried darn near every other brand in an XS and they are too big. Anyone else have this problem if so what brand worked for you, I am afraid I will have to fork out the way lots for a Shoei helmet. Kids sizes typicaly do not work either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I had the same problem. I tried a M2R revelation X in a youth large and it was too big in circumference, but too short from top to bottom. I went with a Thor SXT in adult XXS. Fits great and very comfortable. I think the Thor was the only one I could find that came in a XXS and was DOT/ Snell certified. Price is good too, $170-ish at Rocky Mtn. My last one was the same helmet in an XS, and that fit as well, just not as snug as I would like.

I tried the kids helmet just to get a smaller shell because the adult helmets shells are so big they make me look like a bobblehead doll. But, I ended up with the adult helmet anyway.

Good luck!

Amanda

Helmets are one thing I don't skimp on when it comes to $. I have a small head too and have tried many helments including the Shoei and they all gave me headaches and/or didn't quite fit right. Arai is the only helmet that I have tried that fits and doesn't give me a headache. I have been using Arai for over 7 years now. I'll use the saying from Bell....If you have a $10 head then get a $10 helmet.

I was the same as Bikedestroyer when it came to street helmets. Nothing but Arai or Shoei for me, but then, I didn't buy 3-4 street helmets every year. I just can't make myself spend $500+ on something that's going to be an ornament on the trophy shelf as quick as my dirt helmets are.

Maybe I just spend too much time falling on my head. I've just decided that as long as it's DOT and snell certified, it's fine for dirt speeds. I just replace it everytime I take a good shot to the head. So far for for 05, I'm on my 3rd helmet, and I just can't justify the expense of the $500 helmets several times a year. I think I need to quit crashing.

Amanda

Tell me about it! My son is waiting for his 4th helmet this year to come in, and the 3rd one he broke was MINE! Good thing we have a few good spares around.

He also broke his wrist though so he's not missing the helmet yet.

I like the SixSixOne Flight helmets. Good fit and very lightweight, he broke 2 of those this year. We both get the small 661 and they do make an XS.

im not a girl but i can maybe give my 2 cents....i just bought a new helmet recently its 06' answer comet comp..it was only $130 something at chaparral, way nicer than my troy lee se helmet..... this helmet would be perfect for chicks cuz they run super small and have totally comfy thick padding..i had to buy an XL cuz they ran so small...the black matte helmet looks cool it matches everything...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/kx250frider651/Miscellaneous/cbf889b9.jpg

Anyone had a Shoei helmet? They come in XXS I am thinking about trying that I can get the V Moto Pulse for about $310 dang good deal for a Shoei. I just wondered if anyone has any input on that particular helmet.

Just curious if you tried any of the Oneal line in small or Xsmall? I used to have to wear kids helmet also but found that the Oneal small stuff fits quite well. Also, their helmets hold up well and are super tough (I've tested this on numerous occasions!), and aren't too insanely priced. Let us know what you find that works!

I don't think I have tried the oneal helmets yet... that may be one of the only ones I have yet to try. I will search for one of those this weekend. I will definately let you know what I find. I am just glad I started looking b4 I needed a new one.

For Oneal, I would recommend the 695 series or the 905 series. Stay away from the Titan, the face piece is really long and sticks out really far, kinda felt like if you wrecked it could really torque your head around and even dig into your collarbone area.

It looks like I am going with the Vemar VRX4, I picked them up as a sponsor, that is the same brand I have now but a different model. I will let you gals know how it works out. It gets here tomorrow... I can't wait :applause:

I have a really small head and just ordered the fox tracer in XS. I tried in on yesterday and it fit my little head WAY better than my arai street helmet (much to my shock)...and is 1/4 of the cost. I figured for dirt Fox is reputable...and heck...it was a great price from mxdirtrider.com. I'm not very into *girly* colors...so it's perfect! Can't wait!!

The new lid is great... I was out today and loved it. Fortunately no tests as far as protection but riding I realy like it fits great.